Nanook Pledge is a four-year merit scholarship for incoming first-year, transfer and readmitted University of Alaska Fairbanks students.
We know how important financial certainty is to your ability to succeed as a student. With awards ranging from $1,000 to $10,000, Nanook Pledge is a new approach to scholarships at UAF and is designed to provide you with four years of predictable financial assistance. Nanook Pledge maximizes your access to UAF scholarship funding and allows you to focus on your top priority - academic success. This is our investment in you.
You can do great things, and we want to support you every step of the way.
To be considered for the Nanook Pledge:
- Complete the application for admission.
- Submit test scores and transcripts. Students may upload unofficial in-progress transcripts and self-report their ACT or SAT scores at the time of application. Final official transcripts and test scores will be required before enrolling.
Students will be notified of their total offer over four years in the admissions packet.
Ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 per year, the scholarship for first-year students is
based on your GPA, test scores and tuition rate. GPA and tuition rate are considered
for transfer and readmitted students. Use the calculator below to see if you’re eligible.
Beyond the merit-based requirements, students must be:
- Admitted to a baccalaureate program at UAF.
- Enrolled full time.
- Enrolled in a minimum of one face-to-face class.
- Making satisfactory academic progress.
The Nanook Pledge is available for up to four years for continuous enrollment at UAF. Students may be eligible to use remaining years for a graduate program, with permission by the Office of Financial Aid Office.
Appeals for continuing students not meeting the SAP eligibility criteria will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Office.
Want to find out more about what scholarships you qualify for? Check out the calculators below.