Vehicle Rentals & Leases
Types of Rentals and Leases
UAF Transportation Services offers various vehicle rental options.
Hourly, Daily, and Weekly Rentals
- Availability can be spur of the moment, or planned out. A snapshot of availability can be found here RENTAL AVAILABILITY CALENDAR. We can make other arrangements, so even if there appears to be no availability contact us. Rates are set each fiscal year by vehicle category. Sedan - Mini Van - Large Van - Small SUV - Large SUV - 2WD Truck-4WD Truck
6 Month Leases
- Can be a cost savings for longer term use. Generally requests will need to be made at least 6-Months prior to intended start date.
- Full year leases, and/or permanently assigned vehicles.
Reservations must be submitted online:
Long Term/Permanently Assigned Rentals
Rentals for more than six (6) months are classified as "long-term" or "permanently assigned." Acquisition of annual and 6-month lease vehicles takes time. Vehicles are generally purchased off the state contract, and are purchased as a type rather than specific brand/models. Think of what capacities your desired vehicle will need and what features are required.
UA TRANSPORTATION GUIDELINES
This is for departments using UA vehicles or private vehicles. It has useful forms and information regarding use, safety, insurance, and responsibilities all in one 13 page, outline formatted document.
More information or questions can be answered via EHS&RM at 474-5413
Vehicle Rental Forms
- ALASKA DMV EMPLOYEE DRIVING RECORD REQUEST (At bottom of page)
- Category 1 Drivers Form (PDF)
- Category 2 Drivers Form (PDF)
- Charter Request Form
- FY19 LEASE RENEWAL MEMORANDUM
- NEW Online Rental Request Form
- Vehicle Rental Agreement (PDF)
For all ua owned vehicles
A bus and driver may be reserved for seminars, conferences, field trips, and special events for a minimum of 2 hours.
Please complete the Charter Request Form
In the event of a vehicular or personal accident you generally should notify your Supervisor and EHS&RM (474-5413.) For more details please consult:
Useful Forms for any incident regardless of the amount of damage or injury:
Contact Us at 474-5875