Organizational and Planning Information
To serve as a model of quality and innovation in promoting student success at UAF through academic planning, placement and curricular development.
Support UAF’s educational and service missions by providing:
- An academic home for honors students, pre‐majors, and exploratory students,
- General academic advising, education planning and referral,
- Guidance for faculty and staff advisors through training and local publications,
- Student study skills workshops,
- Comprehensive testing services for students and where appropriate, the local community, and
- Advising, tutoring, social activities, and support for underrepresented students eligible for the Student Support Services program.
- To provide students with academic advisement, testing and support services that will promote academic success.
- To facilitate, encourage and assist students with the selection of a UAF major and corresponding career paths.
- To make available to students services designed to promote the development and enhancement of skills needed for academic success.
- To coordinate with other academic and student units for specific programmatic student success offerings.
- To provide factual information to assist faculty and staff to better understand and serve exploratory students.
- To ensure accurate and consistent academic advising university wide by providing professional development activities and opportunities.
- To function as the clearinghouse of resource and reference information concerning the academic success of UAF STUDENTS.
- To serve and advise UAF students, prospective students and the community about national testing for college admissions and placement, and about career and professional certification.
- To recruit, encourage, support and provide educational and social opportunities for exceptionally well prepared students through the maintenance and growth of the Honors College.