BRING YOUR CLASS TO THE MUSEUM
A field trip to the museum will enrich your lessons, engage student interest and create lasting memories. Plan a self-guided Exhibit Exploration or a docent-assisted Directed Discovery for your class and ignite their curiosity.
We have many resources designed to help you prepare for your field trip or to explore museum science, art, and collections from your classroom.
Field trip grants
Need help with funds? Try securing a grant from one of these organizations:
- Apply by Oct. 1 for a visit between Jan-May
- AK State Council on the Arts Excursion Grant
- Apply one month or more prior to a planned visit
- Carrs Safeway Alaska Education Grant Program
- Application period opens in September
- NEA Student Achievement Grants
- Deadlines are February 1st, June 1st, and October 15th
INTERESTED IN SPONSORSHIP?
We are currently seeking a new sponsor for field trip programs.
Sponsorship allows us to grant student on Directed Discoveries free admission.
We thank Flint Hills Resources for 11 years of support (2006-2017).