Banner FRAPROP Entry
Information for each proposal must be entered into the Banner Finance System (proposal module) before a proposal is routed to OGCA for review. To login to Banner click here
You must complete training with OGCA Pre-Award before you can receive write access to the proposal module. Contact OGCA Pre-Award staff for more information about training.
To delete, link, or unlink a proposal:
If you need to have a proposal entry deleted, linked, or unlinked, please contact the UA Controller's Office.
If the principal investigator or agency code is not listed in Banner:
If you cannot find the principal investigator's (PI) name in Banner, first try entering the PI's UA ID number. If the PI has not been entered into the Banner system, list the Dean or Director as PI until the PI is entered in the system and update accordingly. If the agency code cannot be found, use the appropriate agency code for 'other.'
Agency Code Agency - Other
PNOTHER - Other Nonprofit Organizations
PUOTHER - Other Universities
PCOTHER - Other Corporations
SOTHER - State Agencies Other Than Alaska State
LOTHER - Other Local Governments
PIOTHER - International Other
Data entry resources:
- Banner Indirect Cost Rate Codes
- Banner Research Theme Codes
- OGCA Banner FRAPROP Entry Guidelines
- SW Financial Systems Banner FRAPROP Instructions
Data entry procedures for FRAPROP:
These guidelines should help you for most proposal types you encounter. When in doubt, please ask OGCA, since not all situations are the same!
|Type of Proposal||New S-number?||Notes|
|New Proposal||Y||Follow the OGCA Banner FRAPROP Entry Guidelines|
|Pre-Proposal||Y||Mark as "PP" in FRAPROP, follow Banner FRAPROP Entry Guidelines|
|Supplemental Funding/Award Modification||*||*Check with OGCA post-award analyst first|
|Continuation (Non-competing)||N||Work with OGCA post-award analyst|
|Renewal/Competing Continuation||Y||Follow guidelines for New Proposal|
|Revision Before Award||N||Update existing FRAPROP entry|
|Revision After Award||N||OGCA will update FRAGRNT, do not update FRAPROP|
- Create a new proposal with S-number in FRAPROP. Follow the procedures outlined in the OGCA Banner FRAPROP Entry Guidelines.
- Create as a new proposal with S-number in FRAPROP, and mark the proposal type as "PP" for pre-proposal.
- If invited later to submit a full proposal, you will use the same S-number created for the pre-proposal and change the proposal type accordingly (NC, etc.).
Supplemental Funding/Award Modifications
- The first step to take is to verify how the sponsor will handle this request, as all sponsors treat them differently. To do this, contact your OGCA post-award grant and contract analyst that handles the award. Do not automatically create a new proposal S-number in FRAPROP unless it is first verified that this is necessary.
- Do not create a new proposal and S-number in FRAPROP. When continuation funds are received by the university, a new budget request may be required to be sent to OGCA. OGCA will make changes in the Banner grant module. All data originally entered in Banner proposal module remains the same.
- Continuations awards are made each funding cycle even though the original proposal/award was for multiple years.
- A progress report and budget request may be required to be sent to the sponsor each funding cycle. Check with your OGCA post-award analyst to verify.
- Renewals should normally follow the instructions for New Proposal above.
- IF the sponsor considers the renewal an amendment or modification to an existing award, discuss this with your OGCA post-award analyst before creating a new proposal and S-number.
Revisions to a proposal before official award notification
- Update the current Banner FRAPROP entry. Do not create a new proposal and S-number in Banner.
Revisions to a proposal after official award notification
- Do not update the proposal information in FRAPROP. All data originally entered in the Banner proposal module remains the same. OGCA will make changes in the Banner grants module.
Proposals Involving Multiple MAUs
- Each MAU should enter their respective piece and budget amount into FRAPROP, and the proposals should be linked (all non-lead portions should be linked to the parent proposal). No entry should reflect the total request for all MAUs. Each MAU should also use its respective F&A rate for their portion. Each MAU will have its own 'S' number.