B-1 or 2 Visa Category

Attention: Individuals in B-1 or B-2 are not eligible to enroll in classes.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services guidelines can be found here.


B- Visa Category Information

The B visa category has two major categories of entry into the U.S.: B-1 (Business) and B-2 (Pleasure/Tourist). Employment is not authorized under either B visa category and payments that may be received are extremely limited in nature. 

Under current U.S. immigration regulations, there is no provision for people to enter the U.S. during the summer for the purpose of taking summer school classes without enrolling in a full course of study.
Entry into the U.S. in the B- visa category may be accomplished by obtaining the appropriate B- visa from U.S. embassies or consulates or under the visa waiver program. Information about the visa waiver program and a listing of participating countries may be obtained on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Visa Waiver Program Requirements page.  Application should be made at least a few days before entering the U.S.

B-1 (Business)

B-2 (Pleasure/Tourist)

Questions or Additional Information

This information is provided to give basic information regarding this U.S. immigration category. If you need additional information or assistance, please contact the International Advisor

Back to Top