Understanding our peer institutions is key to assessing outcomes within various capacities at UAF. In an updated study from April 2004 (posted below), Statewide Planning and Budget identified 19 institutions as peers to UAF.
The UA-identified peers have been broken down into two categories by UAF PAIR:
- equivalent peers, and
- aspirational peers.
Equivalent peers are those institutions that roughly resemble our own, while aspirational peers are those institutions that our institution would like to resemble. Below is the list of UAF peer institutions split out into the equivalent and aspirational categories.
- Idaho State University - Pocatello
- Montana State University - Bozeman
- New Mexico State University
- North Dakota State University - Fargo
- Oregon State University
- University of Idaho
- University of Maine
- University of Montana - Missoula
- University of Nevada - Reno
- University of Wyoming
- Utah State University