Incoming first-year application
Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 guide
Housing applications open January 22, 2019.
Assignments begin March 1, 2019.
- Building preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
- First-year students will be able to select from the following buildings:
- Room types
- DOUBLE - A room built for two and occupied by two
- SINGLE - A room built for one and occupied by one; limited availability
- Rates for the 2019/2020 academic year
- A $25 programming fee will be applied to your account when your student housing fees are applied.
- All communication is through your preferred email account as designated on UAOnline!
- We may also need to call you, please make sure you have your mobile phone designated on UAOnline. Please make sure you set up your voicemail to receive important messages.
- We can also text you important dates and package notifications. Please provide us with your mobile carrier on your housing application if you want to receive this notices.
- If you are under 18 please enter your parent or email address in the emergency contact section of the housing application to ensure your housing application is emailed to them for their signature.
- Have the credit card ready you plan to pay your housing deposit ($315.00, refundable)
and application fee ($40.00, non-refundable) with.
- Please note: If you fulfill your housing agreement and do not have any outstanding fees on your UA account when you move out, this credit card will have the deposit credited back to it.
- Log into UAOnline > Student Services & Account Information> Campus Housing, Dining
and Post Office Link >UAF Link > Applications and Forms > Housing Eligibility Application
> Select First Year Housing Application and Submit.
- Application Steps:
- Sign Housing and Dining Agreement
- Answer Housing Questions
- Hall/Room Type Preferences
- Pay $355.00 Housing Deposit and Application Fee
- Next Steps and Receipt
- Application Steps:
Do you have a preferred roommate?
After you submit a housing application, you will be able to match yourself to a preferred roommate.
- Ensure your requested roommate has submitted a housing application.
- Follow the path of logging into UAOnline > Student Services & Account Information
> Campus Housing, Dining, and Post Office Link >UAF Link > Room Selection > Roommate/Suitemate
and request your intended roommate (they will be sent an email that they have been
requested as a roommate). Your intended roommate will confirm your request. You are
- Incoming first year students can only be matched with incoming first year students.
- Only matched requests will be considered
- Roommate preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to room availability.
Please contact the Residence Life Central Office for roommate request or charges after you receive an assignment letter.
- Do not wait for friends to apply together, go ahead and submit your application as soon as you are admitted to the university.
- If you would like to cancel you housing application, please submit a housing cancellation form. You may forfeit your deposit and may be subject to room fees. Please see your housing agreement for details.
- After submitting your housing application, please contact the Residence Life Central to update your application preference.
Assignments are made based upon the student's application complete date (earliest first).
- If you are matched with a roommate, assignments will be based on application complete date and hall preferences of the group creator.
- Hall preferences will be reviewed in the order listed on a student's application. Assignments will be made based on room availability.
- Assignment letters with check-in instructions will be emailed to your preferred email address as designated on UAOnline.
- Housing assignments and roommate contact information can be found on my MyHousing home page.
If you did not get assigned your preferred room type, you can participate in the Room Change Lottery
- Room change lottery will take place after hall opening and occur every two week. Please see the room change webpage for more information.
- Be aware that while we do our best not to move residents after we assign them, situation outside of our control may result in your assignment changing. Rooms with vacancies may be consolidated to ensure we use our housing space efficiently.
All Fall 2019 fees are due September 6, 2019. All Spring 2020 fees are due January 24, 2020. Any fee placed on your account after the semester fee payment deadline, are due within seven business days.
- How do you pay your fees?
- In person
- The cashier's windows of the Office of the Bursar on the 1st floor of Signers' Hall, Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., or Weds., 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (please specify that your payment is for Housing).
- By mail
- Send checks payable to "UAF", clearly marked to ensure it is credited to the proper
student account, to:
UAF Office of the Bursar
P.O. Box 757640
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7640
Note: A $30 charge and a hold will be placed on your account for returned checks. This will prevent you from registering, viewing grades, receiving transcripts and from graduation activity.
- Send checks payable to "UAF", clearly marked to ensure it is credited to the proper student account, to:
- Students can make payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week, on-line. Log into UAOnline to pay with all major credit cards or a checking account. Please note that a 2.75% ($3 minimum) transaction fee will be applied to all credit and debit card transactions. If you are paying with a debit card or have a daily limit on your credit card, contact your bank to tell them you are paying university tuition and fees to ensure your card won't be declined.
- Wire transfer
- Contact the Office of the Bursar for UAF banking information at 907-474-7384. Ensure the financial institution references the student name and ID number so we can apply the payment to the right person. Please allow at least two weeks for the wire transfers to post to your student account.
- In person