There are several ways for you to get involved in RHA!
Join our meetings and events!
RHA hosts a General Assembly meeting every other Monday at 8:00pm in the Hess Rec Center cafe table area! All members of RHA are welcome to attend, and we encourage hall representatives to participate in the discussion of agenda items, planning of events, voting on funding proposals, and sharing concerns, feedback, or updates from their living communities.
> Schedule for General Assembly Meetings
September 10 // September 24 // October 8 // October 22 // November 5 // November 19 // December 3
> Meeting Location Directions
The Hess Rec cafe table area is located in the front of the Hess Rec Center next to the door. The Hess Rec Center is located in the MBS complex to the left of the main entrance to the MBS lobby.
RHA hosts great events throughout the year. We hope to see you there. You’re always invited to participate in our events and meet some of the 2,000 residents living on campus! RHA hosts a General Assembly meeting every other Monday at 8:00pm in the Hess Rec Conference Room! All members of RHA are welcome to attend, and we encourage hall representatives to participate in the discussion of agenda items, planning of events, voting on funding proposals, and sharing concerns, feedback, or updates from their living communities.
> Examples of Past Events
- Halloween Carnival: RHA served over 230 Rootbeer Floats to residents and community members who attended the Halloween carnival in MBS.
- Share What You Can: RHA organized a canned-food drive competition between the halls. Together, our campus collected more than 600 food items and over $200 which was donated to the Fairbanks Rescue Mission.
- It’s On Us: During Residence Life’s Sexual Assault Awareness Week, RHA handed out teal ribbons and talked with students about the It’s On Us campaign which promotes community responsibility to prevent sexual assault and provide resources to survivors.
- Candy Grams: RHA sold and delivered candy grams that students could personalize for the recipient. Profits from this event were used to purchase several large trashcans for The Door — a local youth shelter.
- Skate Party: RHA hosted a free-skate night at the Patty Ice Arena with free skate rentals, hot chocolate, and an awesome music playlist.
- New Collaboration: RHA will collaborate with community councils to facilitate large events like Dorm of the Dead.
Do you have an idea of how to better our campus community? We want to hear from you! Please contact the Residence Hall Association with any comments or concerns you may have by filling out the form below or joining us at our General Assembly meetings every other Monday at 8:00pm in the Hess Rec Conference Room. Send us your comments and suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org