How do I create a student organization?
- Fill out the form under "Register New Organization" on OrgSync under the "Organizations" tab. You must include a constitution, mission and vision statement, and a budget breakdown.
- Arrange to meet with the Student Involvement Coordinator to go over your club registration. Email meeting requests to email@example.com.
- If your club meets the requirements set out by the Board of Regents and the Student Leadership and Involvement Office, you're SET
Applications submitted mid-semester will be considered and reviewed, but will not be eligible for full recognition until the following semester.
How do I register my student organization?
- At least one person from your organization must attend Officer Training.
- Complete your OrgSync profile. This includes constitution and bylaws, officer and advisor information, meeting times and membership requirements.
- Update Account Signers form. (Required only once a year)
How do I spend club funds?
How much money does my club have?
UAF Student Organizations start with a balance of zero. At times ASUAF has provided automatic funding to clubs, but that is not in the current budget. Clubs are responsible for securing their own funding and keeping track of club balances. If you need a balance as a starting point to track your funds, please contact the SLI Office.
How do I deposit money into my club account?
Where can I get funding?
How do I make someone an Administrator on OrgSync?
Anyone who already has Admin privileges within the portal can make another club member an Administrator.
- Go to your Organizations portal on OrgSync and selected the "People" tab
- Selected the person you would like to have Admin privileges
- Click "Manage" and selected Administrators
Are there restrictions on what I can buy with club funds?
Yes! Student Organizations cannot buy drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or firearms. They also cannot purchase gift cards over $25. Gift cards purchased (under $25) cannot be to establishments that sell drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or firearms (like Fred Meyer). If in doubt about a purchase, just call! We can clarify.
How do I recruit new members?
SLI hosts two club fairs per academic year. In the Fall we host Party in the Park during the first week of classes and in the Spring we host a club fair during Winter Carnival. More information can be found on OrgSync, including registration forms. Student Organizations also have a $75 credit per semester with Wood Center Graphics. This money does not roll over, you have $75 each semester to spend on flyers, posters, banners, design work, ect. Student Organizations can also reserve space in the Wood Center to table for different events. This space is reserved through OrgSync.
How do I reserve meeting space?
How does a club get re-recognized?
The requirements to be a registered student organization at UAF are:
- Attend Officer Training
- Complete/update your OrgSync profile includes: constitution, officer and advisor information, meeting times and membership requirements.
- Update Account Signers form required once a year.
When are Officer Trainings?
Officer Trainings begin every Fall Semester. Only one club officer from each organization is required to attend one training, once per school year to maintain recognition club status. Officer Training signups will be available for organizations on OrgSync.