Shared Travel Services (STS)
(907) 474-7380 - Main phone
UAF-STS@alaska.edu - STS central email
- FY18 Trip Request Form (using "@alaska.edu" email)
- FY18 Trip Request Form (using non-UA email)
- Traveler Preferences Form
- Travel Expense Report Form (1-Page)
- Travel Expense Report Form (2-Page)
- Remote Emergency Plan for Travel
- Incident Reporting (Origami Risk Reporting)
- Per Diem Rates - Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories (Locals Meals+Local Incidental)
- Per Diem Rates - Contiguous U.S. (M&IE Rate)
- Per Diem Rates - International (M&IE Rate)
- University of Alaska Travel Regulations (R05.020.060, Pg. 8-36)
CLICK on each header below for detailed information.
- Blanket TA Instructions
- Direct Deposit Reimbursement Set-Up
- Family/Friend Accompaniment Travel Waiver
- Group Travel Form - Actuals (all expenses covered by group lead)
- Group Travel Form - Per Diem (disbursements made to each group member)
- Mileage Form (POV travel in 2018)
- Travel Components
- UA Statewide Travel Links
- UAF Travel - General Information
How Do I Initiate Travel?
We use two simple Google forms to capture all the information the we will need to create your travel authorization, purchase travel components like flights or conference registration, and make hotel reservations.
The first form is called the "Trip Request Form". It is completed prior to each trip. It contains all the information the Travel Office will need to create a travel authorization and purchase the required travel components. We will create your TA and route it in DocuSign for all required approvals. Once the TA has been approved, we can begin to make any purchases that you've requested. (UA BOR R.05.020.060.A.13.a.)
FY18 Trip Request Form (for use by those with "@alaska.edu" email addresses)
FY18 Trip Request Form - Non-UA (for use by those not using an "@alaska.edu" email address)
The second form is called "Traveler Preferences Form". This will record all the pertinent information about your travel preferences including your birthdate, mileage plan numbers, hotel preferences, etc. This form should only be completed once.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact one of the STS staff.