Transfer to UAF School of Education from UAA

Welcome to the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Our goal is to make transferring to UAF to complete your education degree as simple as possible.

Current UAA School of Education students may transfer to UAF by filling out this short form. A new application for admission is not required. Admissions will contact you if any other documentation or verification is needed. You will receive an email confirmation that your request to transfer has been received.


All UAA transfer students need to add the UAF School Code (001063) to their 2019-2020 FAFSA, so that UAF can award financial aid. Students who wish to borrow federal loans must complete the following requirements at the Federal Student Aid website:

  1. Master Promissory Note
  2. Entrance Counseling Exam

Lastly, students need to accept the amount of a federal loan that they wish to borrow through UAOnline.

Transfer credit evaluations for students transferring from UAA School of Education will be given top priority. Transfer credit staff will work directly with UAF SOE advisors to ensure credits are applied in the best way possible for each student's circumstances. Note that UAF will evaluate all prior college transcripts, not just the UAA transcript. If a student previously transferred from another school when originally applying to UAA, UAF will re-evaluate those transcripts for UAF credit. All transcripts submitted previously to UAA are available for UAF staff and there should be no need for the student to submit duplicate transcripts to UAF.

Students need to have one face-to-face class where they are sitting in the same room with their instructor (not an online synchronous class) in order to get the full GI Bill® housing stipend.

Undergraduate students using VA benefits: After being accepted into UAF and are registered for classes, students will need to talk with the Department of Military and Veteran Services for Certification. This includes filling out a Certification Request Form (PDF) and a VA Change Form (PDF) if you are transferring from UAA.

Graduate level students using VA Benefits: In addition to the undergraduate requirements, once students are registered for classes, their advisor will need to submit their graduate studies plan and advisor memo to the Department of Military and Veteran Services. The School of Education and Department of Military and Veteran Services coordinate to ensure compliance.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Virtual information session

Date and time: 4-6 p.m., Tuesday, April 16
Watch Zoom meeting recording

A virtual information session was held for UAA students not able to attend the in-person session.


Amm Charoonsophonsak
Secondary Program Advisor
School of Education
Phone: 907-474-6180

Jann Laiti
Elementary Program Advisor
School of Education
Phone: 907-474-6447

Julie Griswold
Rural Student and Elementary Program Advisor
School of Education
Phone: 907-474-1575 or 1-866-474-5740

Salena Bias
Elementary Post-bac Program Advisor
School of Education
Phone: 907-474-7981

Jane Monahan
Graduate Program Advisor (includes special education program advising)
School of Education
Phone: 907-474-5362


Jackie Morton
Department of Military and Veteran Services
Phone: 907-474-7400

Ashley Munro
Associate Director
Financial Aid Office
Phone: 907-474-1934
Toll-free: 888-474-7256