The graduate certificate in Cybersecurity Management is an addendum to the 2019-2020
UAF General Catalog. A new graduate certificate was approved by the chancellor in November 2019. This page
includes the specifics of this new program. The degree will be effective fall 2020.
The Cybersecurity Management Graduate Certificate is designed for the student who
desires an in-depth overview of the important topics in providing for the cybersecurity
oriented aspects of managing cyber-related operations. The certificate provides relevant
and cutting edge education specific to the needs of individuals and their associated
organizations in providing the technical capability to prevent, plan for, and recover
from technological incidents. Cybersecurity, as a very dynamic field, requires lifelong
learning - with this certificate program serving as Continuing Professional Education
(CPE) for many professional certifications today. Recipients of the Cybersecurity
Management Graduate Certificate are better prepared for the challenges of the cybersecurity
workforce today and the future.
- Student must have a completed baccalaureate degree.
- Students must possess either prior education specific to IT, Networking or Cybersecurity,
related work experience or a combination of both with the approval and review of the
Program Director to enter the Cybersecurity Management or associated concentration
within the MSDM.
- If the degree is in a non-security or non-cybersecurity related field and the student
has a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA, they will be required to start with one 400-level
course, which is an elective option for the degree.
- Students that have already obtained a graduate degree will not be required to complete
an entrance exam or complete a 400-level course first.
- Students with a baccalaureate degree in a related field, with a cumulative GPA of
3.0 or higher will not have any additional testing or entry course requirements.
- If the student has a cumulative GPA between 3.0 and 2.75, regardless of the field
of study, they will be required to complete the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Exam.
- If a student has a cumulative GPA below 2.75, they will be required to submit results
from either the GRE or GMAT.
Graduate Certificate Program Requirements
You can also view these requirements in the UAF Catalog.
||Information Assurance and Risk Assessment
||Cyber Threats and Vulnerabilities
||Perspectives in Addressing Cybersecurity & Critical Infrastructure
|Complete one of the following:
||Cybersecurity in the 21st Century: Technology and Ethics
||Cybercrime, Fraud and Law
View the full program requirements for the Cybersecurity Management Graduate Certificate in the UAF catalog.