Welcome to the UAF-CBSM Virtual Reality Lab
The UAF CBSM Virtual Reality Lab is at the forefront of virtual reality research. The mission of the lab is to house researchers from all disciplines as they develop experimental uses for virtual reality equipment. We are working on bringing the VR-Lab back to reality - Stay Tuned!
- Sean McGee - VR Coordinator
- Michael Murphy - Tok Community Advisor
- Pieradora Tremblay - Ft. Yukon Community Advisor
CBSM VR Lab
The goal of the CBSM VR Lab is to outfit the latest virtual reality equipment for academic and experimental use. The CBSM VR Lab also facilitates student research projects. Current student interests include "flow experience" through immersive VR viewership and brand selection/recall of VR advertising space using eye tracking technology.
- Virtual Reality Eye Tracking: Measuring the Impact of Advertising Placement in Streaming VR Content
- Virtual Reality and Rural Alaskan Health: How the intervention of virtual reality fitness bikes impacts the One Health spectrum
- Leveraging Virtual Reality Technology to Support Alaska Economic Development: Examining
the Market Potential of Alaska Native Raised Reindeer
UAF Tok Center
The goal of this project is to conduct pilot research relating to the health impact of virtual reality gaming on rural Alaskan communities.
UAF Yukon Flats Center
The goal of this project is to conduct community outreach and pilot research development relating to the health impact that virtual reality fitness equipment can have as a substance abuse treatment in a rural Alaskan community.