All UAF websites must:
- Use the UAF official web banner.
- Include the name of the department, school, institute and/or unit in large letters near the top of the page.
- Meet UAF web-font brand guidelines.
- Provide contact information for the unit, including address, phone, fax and email.
- Include an email link to the contact person(s) for the site.
- Include the micro combination affirmative action/equal opportunity and nondiscrimination notice in the website's footer:
- Meet a minimum of WCAG2AA accessibility compliance. You can scan your website for errors using a variety of tools for checking web accessibility. Find out more about web accessibility at UAF.
Note: OU Campus website templates meet the UAF website requirements by default.
The Office of Information Technology is replacing the web content management system Roxen with OU Campus at UAF and UA Statewide. Migration of websites from Roxen to OU Campus began in fall 2018. OU Campus templates feature more design flexibility, additional components, and have mobile-friendly responsive design.
Hosting, support, basic website creation and editor administration for OU Campus websites is managed by OIT, free of charge to UAF departments. Additionally, OU Campus website templates meet the UAF website requirements by default, and are automatically included in UA's Google Custom Search Engine located in the official web banner above. Developing a UAF website on a non-OIT-supported server or platform is not advised.
The official UAF web banner (as seen at the top of this page) is required on all official UAF department or program websites. Use of the UAF banner is reserved for official UAF department and program websites and may not be used on nonaffiliated sites.
If there is a question about whether or not your site qualifies to use the official web banner, or if you need assistance applying the banner to a website not hosted on OU Campus, contact a University Relations web developer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-474-6281.
If you are developing a UAF website on the New Google Sites, follow the instructions below to apply the UAF brand your website.
- Hover over the top of your New Google Sites website and click "Add logo".
- Upload the horizontal UAF logo or your unit's horizontal UAF unit signature. If your unit does not have a unit signature, you can request one from email@example.com.
- Hover over the bottom of your New Google Sites website and click "Add Footer".
- From the Insert>Layouts pane on the right, select desired text and image layout and drag it to the footer.
- Insert the UAF logo and link the UAF logo to https://uaf.edu/.