Connect with us
Use pull-down menus under "Apply for URSA Funding" above for specific funding opportunities.
Student and Faculty Funding
- Seven times each year, URSA awards funding to undergraduate students to support research projects as well as travel to conferences to present their work.
- Faculty members, postdocs and graduate students may apply for the Mentoring award opportunity each fall to receive funding to support development and implementation of undergraduate research opportunities.
- All UAF staff, students, and faculty are eligible to apply for Community Engaged Learning awards once each fall and Innovative Technology and Education awards once each spring.
- In 2018, URSA awarded nearly $300,000 in funding.
- 41% of all UAF undergraduate students to participate in research during their time at UAF.
- We are always willing to help with any part of the process. Please stop by the office, email or call. We have a notebook of previously funded applications available in the office that you are welcome to stop by and view. We do not make copies or email them.
We expect to have the Award Schedule for 2020 - 2021 available in July. Please check back.
Application deadlines have changed due to the Coronavirus. Please check the drop down menus for individual awards for up to date changes.