Community Engaged Learning Awards
Degree-seeking UAF undergraduate (enrolled in at least credits), graduate students, faculty, postdoctoral researchers and staff from all disciplines and campuses are eligible to apply for awards of up to $500 to work with a community partner to explore a community need or problem through research or scholarly activity. While faculty, post-docs, graduate students and staff are eligible to apply, the focus must be on supporting undergraduate learning. Funding options include supplies, services and local travel. Awardees are required to complete a reflection and to participate in Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Day, April 9, 2019. Funds must be spent by June 30, 2019.
Applications will be open on October 1, 2018. The deadline to apply is 11:59 pm on October 28, 2018.
Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Does the proposal make a strong case for funding?
- Proposed project describes a working relationship with a community member, organization or population
- Proposed project engages in real-world problem solving through connecting expertise/resources/learning to needs in a community
- Anticipated outcomes and explanation of how it relates to undergraduate research or scholarly activity
- Direct benefit to the educational experience of undergraduate students
- Detailed budget and timeline
- Written quality of the proposal