Paul H. McCarthy Award
Undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines at the University of Alaska are eligible and invited to apply for an award of $2,500 for a research project using any collection at the Alaska and Polar Regions Collections & Archives (APRCA) at the Elmer E. Rasmuson Library.
Projects could result in a library exhibit in the Ted Stevens Gallery on level 2, a short film to be posted on the library website, journal article, or conference paper. Other types of projects will also be considered. Funds may also be used for travel to the UAF campus to use APRCA collections; however, the library will follow the University of Alaska Fairbanks General Business and Academic Operations plan regarding any future travel restrictions due to Covid-19.
The Alaska and Polar Regions Collections & Archives staff will support the research experience of the awardee. Only one award is available per fiscal year. Questions regarding this research award should be directed to Rachel Cohen, Archivist, at email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is November 6, 2022.
- Support of graduate and undergraduate students involved in research
- All funds must be spent no later than June 30th, 2023
- Any graduate or undergraduate degree-seeking student
- All disciplines from all UA campuses
- Proposals will be reviewed by a 5-member review committee
- All applicants will be notified by email and announced December 2, 2022
- Awardees are required to complete the proposed project and a short final reflection paper submitted to the APRCA staff mentor