Celebrating 88 years of Connecting and Engaging UAF Alumni to Our Alma Mater
- Student scholarships
- Grants to improve campus life through our Benefactor Program
- Sponsorship of UAF and student events
- Nanook Rendezvous annual reunion
- Alumni events in Alaska and the Lower 48
- Alumni Achievement and Distinguished Alumni Awards
- Alumnus newsletter
- Volunteer advocacy
Join Us - Strong Universities Need Strong Alumni Communities!
Enjoy the benefits of an active network of professionals, reconnect with your alma mater and help make UAF even stronger through member activities and participation. Find out how to get involved today!
Let others know what you're up to, and update your alumni record.
Not an active member? Join/renew now.
Membership dues to increase July 1
The UAF Alumni Association Board of Directors approved the streamlined and updated dues structure at its January meeting. The first year's membership in the association following a student earning his or her initial degree will remain in place, a benefit some alumni organizations have eliminated in the Lower 48 but one that the UAFAA board agreed is important to keep. The "club" discount for recent grads will be eliminated, as few members selected that option and it caused confusion among members regarding eligibility. Lifetime memberships will remain unchanged. In all categories, the surcharge for spouses in the alumni couples membership will be eliminated. Spouses after July 1 will be free.
Board members noted that dues have not increased to keep pace with inflation since at least the early to mid-1990s. Meanwhile, events, supplies and the costs of doing business as a nonprofit organization in Alaska have increased steadily over that time, leaving the UAFAA in a tenuous revenue position. In light of a goal of keeping the UAFAA sustainable, the board unanimously approved the changes, which are as follows:
- Annual dues will increase from $35 to $50. Three-year memberships will increase from $95 to $140, a $10 discount.
- Lifetime memberships will remain at $1,000.
- The surcharge for spouses in all categories will be eliminated. Alum spouses will be free!
- Installment payments for Lifetime memberships must be completed within three years vs. five, at $334 each. Anyone currently on a five-year installment plan is grandfathered in. The reason for the change is that five years is as long as a much more costly car loan; too long.
While increasing rates is never popular, the sustainable future of the UAF Alumni Association--an important partner in UAF's overall alumni relations program--was at the heart of the board's decision. The UAFAA appreciates your ongoing support, and we value each and every one of our alumni!
Become a UAFAA Benefactor
The Alumni Benefactor Program was established to encourage alumni to participate in an annual giving program. Alumni benefactors once raised $21,900. The funds are used to underwrite student-oriented projects such as the purchase of furniture for the Wood Center and alumni office lounges. We have also underwritten many student projects, including campus concerts, residence hall activities, campuswide events and celebrations and the replacement of Student Activities' outdoor recreation equipment.
The Alumnus Archives
Read the past editions of The Alumnus e-newsletter.
Subscribe to The Alumnus e-newsletter.