Training for Field Work
- Driver safety training is required to use a UA vehicle.
Shipping Chemicals to and from UAF
- Learn To Return Training Systems, Inc. out of Anchorage Alaska is the current contractor used for watercraft and offshore platform safety training. The Offshore Marine Survival training certificate expires 2 years from the date of issue.
Small Boat Use Policy and Guidelines
- The Small Boat Use Policy and Guidelines document and the Small Boat Safety Manual are required reading for fisheries personnel using small water craft. Boat operators shall reserve a river boat by sending a request to the Fairbanks-based representative of the Vessel Use and Safety Committee. The current committee members are: Ginny Eckert (JNU); Andy Seitz (FAI) and Anne Beaudreau (JNU).
- Go to Small Boat Use Policy PDF
Small Boat and Safety Manual
Scientific Diving Course Safety Requirements
- To participate in Scientific Diving Courses first you must acquire:
- A basic diving certificate through NAUI, PADI or YMCA. A basic NAUI or PADI diving certificate can be obtained locally from Test the Waters.
- A First Aid certificate
- A CPR certificate, and
- Emergency O2 training.
- Further reading Standards for the Conduct of Scientific Diving published by NSF / Office of Polar Programs NSF-OPP Diving Standards PDF
- Go to http://www.aimcomm.org/web/divisions/firearms-instruction/190-firearm-classes or contact Joe Nava at (907) 479-2340.
Look up your Training Record
- Open Internet Explorer (Intelex does not work well with other browsers).
- Type http://clients.intelex.com/alaska/logon.asp
- Sign in with your UA ID and password.
- Select My Training (the green flag) at the top of the page.