Strategic Plans & Themes
Aligning UAF Strategic Plans & UA Shaping Alaska's Future
UAF Accreditation Core Themes:
UAF Strategic Plan Themes:
1) Educate students to be informed, responsible, active citizens by incorporating real-world experiences and applications into the undergraduate curriculum.
2) Promote UAF as Alaska’s premier research enterprise in partnership with state agencies, industry, and civic organizations.
3) Serve Alaska’s diverse communities in ways that are more responsive and accessible and enhance the social, economic, and environmental well-being of individuals and communities.
4) Improve assistance to students in making transitions across all phases of the education continuum.
5) Expand graduate programs in targeted areas of identified need and existing strengths.
6) Enhance UAF’s competitive advantage by attracting and keeping the best and brightest students and faculty.
7) Develop innovative approaches to resource management that support the University’s mission and position UAF to meet the challenges of the future.
UA Shaping Alaska's Future (Strategic Direction Initiatives - SDI) Themes:
1) Student Achievement and Attainment
2) Productive Partnerships with Alaska’s Schools
3) Productive Partnerships with Alaska’s Public and Private Industries
4) Research and Development to Help Build and Sustain Alaska’s Economic Growth
5) Accountability to the People of Alaska