1845 Nabesna Way, Bldgs. 751-757, and 1045 Kuskokwim Way, Bldgs. 758-762
Photo by JR Ancheta, UAF University Relations
The Hess Village apartment complex opened in 1972. The village is made up of 16 one-bedroom, 48 two-bedroom and eight three-bedroom furnished apartments with a separate recreation center for unit residents. It is available to families (with or without children), employees and single graduate students. Parking for the eastern units, 751-757, is off Nabesna Way between North Tanana Drive and Tanana Loop. Parking for the western units, 758-762, is off Kuskokwim Way north of the Moore-Bartlett-Skarland parking lot.
The complex was named Hess Village in honor of Luther Hess, who was a member of the Territorial Legislature, and Harriet Hess, who was a member of the Alaska Agricultural College and School of Mines Board of Trustees from 1917–35 and a member of the University of Alaska Board of Regents from 1935–51.