For Faculty, Staff, and Students
If you want to talk to someone about your innovation, please contact us at email@example.com or 907.474.2605.
Alternate Link to submit your innovation.
HOW WE WILL WORK WITH YOU AND FOR YOU
- Disclose your innovation - tell us what you've been working on. This will automatically enter you into the annual innovation competition.
- OIPC and the Intellectual Property Advisory Committee will review your innovation to determine whether it can be protected and how best to commercialize it.
- If the University chooses not to pursue commercialization, then ownership of the technology will revert to you.
- We'll work to patent or copyright your innovation.
- We'll work to commercialize your innovation by licensing to an existing company... or to a new company that you could choose to startup or be involved with.
- Royalties - get your share of proceeds from the commercialization of your innovation, typically the first $10,000 that comes back to the University and 50% thereafter.
JOIN CENTER ICE INNOVATION HUB
The Center ICE Innovation Hub provides a pathway for innovation, commercialization, and entrepreneurship. Offering top-notch services, space, and programming, the mission of Center ICE is to help faculty and students commercialize their intellectual property, create spin-off companies, and get their products into the right hands, where they can change the world. For more information, visit the website.
ALASKA COMMUNITY CHALLENGE
Alaskan companies, startups, nonprofit organizations, public agencies and UA faculty and students are invited to share with students your challenge or problem that you think would be an educational student project, valuable to have completed and help share the resources of the university across the state. View this link to learn more.
THE ANNUAL INVENTION COMPETITION
When submitting a disclosure, your invention automatically gets entered into the annual invention competition, which recognizes the best innovations developed at UAF and UAS by faculty, staff, and students. Visit the disclosure page to learn more.
CENTER ICE SEED FUND
The Center ICE Seed Fund is designed to boost commercialization success, entrepreneurialism, and innovation at the University of Alaska and throughout Alaska. The Center ICE Seed Fund invests directly in people, technologies, and commercialization efforts. Visit this link for more information.
For more information concerning Inventor and Entrepreneurial Resources, please download the attached pdf.
GETTING A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS
Nanook Innovation Corporation and Nanook Tech Ventures add great value to our commercialization process. Nanook Innovation Corporation is a non-profit organization with a savvy board of directors looking to foster innovation and draw out the University's best technologies. Nanook Tech Ventures has a board filled with seasoned business professionals and investors interested in helping small startup companies successfully bring technology to the marketplace.