How do I know what trainings I am required to complete?
This is a two part answer.
1. All employees regardless of their employment status (staff, faculty, student employee, temporary) are required to complete the basic 4 safety trainings:
- New Employee Orientation
- Office (General) Safety
- Hazard Communication GHS or the Office excemption
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
Employees are also required to comlete three UAF Human Resources trainings;
- Title IX
- Protection of Minors: Awareness (EduRisk SM-101)
- Protection of Minors: Policy and Reporting
All of the above trainings can be completed at the EHSRM website https://www.uaf.edu/safety/training/. The final basic training that employees are required to complete upon hire is the Department Emergency Action Plan (DEAP). This training is department-specific, you will need to talk to your supervisor for further information on how to complete this.
2. You may have additional required training based on your actual job duties. Examples, Driving a UAF vehicle, using a ladder, hand and power tools, working in a lab, and many other activities have a required training component. Additionally Human Resources, your supervisor, department, etc. may require other trainings.
How do I know which basic required safety trainings I have completed? Logon to Intelex, employees are able to logon, view, and complete all the basic trainings and other specific trainings.You can also contact Thadd Williamson, email@example.com or call 474-2762.
How do I logon and access Intelex?
Follow the instructions given in the Intelex Training ppt.
Where do I complete required training? The EHSRM website https://www.uaf.edu/safety/training/ lists the required training and links.
How do I get a copy of my training record?
You can email Thadd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who decides what training is required? Chancellor Rogers signed UAF Policy 04.07.010 on October 20, 2010 outlining required trainings and authority to determine additional trainings relevant to an employee’s job. Link to policy 04.07.010 (PDF)
Required Training Attendance Policy, UAF Policy 04.07.010
What additional training do you need?
Determine your training needs:
Workplace Assessment Training Questionnaire (Excel)
Are you a UAF lab worker?
Accessing Your UAF Safety Training Records
Detailed training reports can be run for department supervisors for their employees. Please contact Frances Isgrigg to request a report.
UAF training is no longer supported by Intelex. We are working at getting another tracking system in place. Please keep training conformation emails.