Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit the UAF COVID-19 website to learn how UAF is responding to the COVID-19 situation, find information for students, as well as the latest UAF communication and policies, FAQs and resources.
Apply For Emergency Funding:
- We understand that you may have been financially impacted by COVID-19. If you need financial assistance, apply for the Student Support Fund.
What to know more about SSS?
Know someone who may be eligible and would benefit from the services SSS provides?
The mission of Student Support Services (SSS) at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks is to increase the academic achievement, retention, and graduation rates of first-generation, low-income students, and students with disabilities.
Our staff is dedicated to providing a broad base of quality services with a focused holistic approach and student-centered learning environment. At SSS, our goal is to strengthen student self-efficacy, resilience and sense of belonging during their journey to graduation.
What Does SSS Offer?
- Course selection
- Information for financial aid programs, benefits and resources for locating public and private scholarships
- Education and advising to improve financial and economic literacy
- Assistance with graduate and professional programs applications
- Individualized advising for personal, career, academic information, and activities
- Exposure to cultural events and academic programs not usually available
SSS students graduated w/in 6 years or less
fall to fall retention
baccalaureate seeking freshmen in the fall were either FG or LI
SSS students were in good academic standing
*Note: statistics are calculated on a 5-year cycle in accordance with our grant requirements; these data are from our 2015-16 grant application and will be updated during the next re-application cycle.