New student orientation
Welcome to #NanookNation!
We are so excited to have you join us during New Student Orientation. Don't know where your classes are? We've got you covered. Where's the food? Come with us, we'll show you! Can I work a student job or climb an ice wall or get funding for research? TOTALLY!
Attend UAF's New Student Orientation and connect with all of the programs, departments, people, and opportunities that UAF has to offer to help you succeed as you transition into your college experience!
All new students are strongly encouraged to attend New Student Orientation. It is REQUIRED for:
- First-time, baccalaureate degree-seeking students
- International students (Undergraduate F-1 Status and International Exchange in J-1 Status)
If you fall into one of the above two requirement categories, you do not need to register. If you are not a mandatory student but would like to attend New Student Orientation please register:
- Parents and Family Members: Join us for the first two days of New Student Orientation!
- Transfer Student? We've got Orientation for you, too!
- A $115 fall NSO fee will be applied directly to students' accounts, which is settled during regular UAF fee payment at the start of the fall semester.
- A $35 spring NSO fee will be applied directly to students' accounts, which is settled during regular UAF fee payment at the start of the spring semester.
Orientation schedule coming soon!
Getting here for New Student Orientation
Whether you're arriving by road, train or plane, finding your way to campus is easy. Find more information on getting to campus, finding a hotel room, or arranging a shuttle to campus.
Refunds are only granted when you are not required to attend NSO and/or with a written statement from the mandated student stating why they are unable to attend NSO. All requests will be considered at the discretion of the NSO Coordinator. Please contact the NSO office with any questions or concerns.
Transition Programs Coordinator