Welcome to the Juneau District Office of the UAF Cooperative Extension Service!
Southeast Alaska is defined by the waters, islands, resources and people of the Inside Passage. Fjords, waterfalls, lakes, mountains, and glaciers shape landscapes that are rich with fish, minerals, forests, scenic beauty, and wildlife. For thousands of years, adventurous, capable people have made a successful living in this bountiful region, but there are always unique challenges requiring creative solutions.
To help people meet challenges and create lasting solutions, the Juneau staff and agents offer programs throughout Southeast Alaska. We are constantly working to “take the University to the people” and engage with the people of Southeast to identify and meet the needs of our many and diverse communities.
EXTENSION KITCHEN CLASSES!
All classes are $10 and will be hosted via Zoom.
- August 1, 1-4 p.m. An Extension Kitchen: Canning Chili https://bit.ly/ekcanningchili
- August 29, 1-3 p.m. An Extension Kitchen: Canning with Kids https://bit.ly/
- Sept 5, 1-3 p.m. An Extension Kitchen: Home Cleaners https://bit.ly/ekhomecleaners
- Sept 19, 1-3 p.m. An Extension Kitchen: Probiotic Pickles
- Oct 31, 1-4 p.m. An Extension Kitchen: Canning Pumpkin Soup https://bit.ly/
- Nov 28, 1-4 p.m. An Extension Kitchen: Canning Turkey Soup https://bit.ly/
- Dec 19, 1-4 p.m. An Extension Kitchen: Canning Cranberry Sauces https://bit.ly/
Pressure Gauge Testing at the Juneau Office
Dial gauges on pressure canners need to be tested for accuracy every year. This free service is offered at the Juneau Extension office. You don't have to bring your whole canner in, but the gauge can still be attached to your lid. Please call ahead to ensure someone is in to test your gauge, 523-3280 or you're welcome to drop it off and pick it up at a later date/time.»
Our Staff and Faculty
Darren Snyder, 4-H/Agriculture and Horticulture Agent, 907-523-3280 x2, email@example.com
Sarah Lewis, Home, Health & Family Development Agent, 907-523-3280 x1, firstname.lastname@example.org
Susie Wilkie, Southeast Office Administrator, State 4-H Administrator,