Kenai Peninsula District Office
Pressure Canner Gauge Testing
At this time, we are providing pressure canner gauge testing services from 9 am to 4 pm. No appointment needed.
Range and Livestock Calculators
- Cattle Stocking Rate Calculator
- Domestic Livestock Stocking Rate Calculator
- Pasture and Wildland Seeding Rate Calculator
- Forage Test Nitrate Converter
Spruce Bark Beetles: What you need to know
Spruce Bark Beetles are making an impact on spruce trees across the Kenai Peninsula. Click here then type"bark beetle" in the search box in order to:
- learn what bark beetles are and how they damage trees.
- learn bark beetle groups in Alaska.
- learn signs and symptoms of bark beetle activity.
- learn potential bark beetle threats to Alaska.
- become familiar with the vocabulary of bark beetles.
For even more information, view Spruce Bark Beetles: Tree Management Options for Home and Woodlot Owners for Southcentral and Interior Alaska
Please call our office at (907) 262-5824, to schedule an appointment with a specific agent or to have your canner gauge tested.
- If you have agriculture, horticulture, yard, garden, and crop pest and disease questions, please click here to submit your questions to Dr. Casey Matney .
- If you are interested in 4-H and Youth Development, please send an email to Cassy Rankin - firstname.lastname@example.org
You can access and download all of our free publications anytime at http://cespubs.uaf.edu/
The 2021-22 4-H year officially began October 1 and runs through the last day of September. Please contact Cassy Rankin, 4-H Program Coordinator on the Kenai Peninsula at 907.398.3588 for information on which club will best suit your needs. It's not to late to begin your 4-H journey and "Learn by Doing."
The Family Nutrition Program
We offer all programming via live-streamed Zoom sessions, including the popular nutrition lessons for elementary students. Currently we are in the process of hiring for this position.
Kenai Peninsula Faculty & Staff :
- Associate Professor of Extension, Agriculture and Horticulture, Western SARE State Coordinator, IPM Statewide Coordinator, Produce Safety Coordinator: Casey Matney, Ph.D., email@example.com, 907.262.3443
- 4-H Program Coordinator: Cassy Rankin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 907.262.3441
- Nutrition Educator: This position is in the process of being filled.
- Home, Health and Family Agent: This faculty position is in the process of being filled. In the meantime, please continue to reach out to our office with your questions, we will route them to the appropriate Cooperative Extension Service agent in another part of the state. 907.262.5824