UA Board of Regents to hold board meeting Sept. 9-10
Date: Sept. 9-10, 2021
Time: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. and 8 a.m.-noon
A two-day meeting of the full board of the University of Alaska Board of Regents will focus attention on university issues including:
- Approval of a Bachelor of Arts degree program in early childhood education at UAA;
- An initial review of the FY23 budget and student tuition rates;
- An update from UA interim President Pat Pitney on the Alaska Native Success Initiative;
- Committee reports including an update on fall enrollment; and
- Updates from university chancellors and governance groups.
The meeting will be held Sept. 9 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. and Sept. 10 from 8 a.m.-noon. With the exception of any executive sessions, it will be livestreamed.
Additionally, regents will get an in-depth look into the university’s role in the development of critical minerals through the “Did You Know” presentation, which will include work being done at UAA, UAF and UAS on the research, exploration and extraction of these strategic minerals, workforce development for the mining industry, and their importance to the state’s economy and national security.
The meeting agenda is available on BoardDocs. For more information, contact Roberta Graham, associate vice president of public affairs at 907-360-2416.