UAF Education Program Offerings in Southcentral Alaska
The UAF School of Education offers face to face and distance-delivered programs to students in the Southcentral region of Alaska, with internships and field practicums at all Southcentral school districts and a variety of face to face courses offered on the UAA campus. Southcentral students can work face to face with an Anchorage based advisor to choose the course sequence and class delivery formats that meet your needs and schedule, and help you achieve your career as an educator.
Below are UAF education programs available to students in Southcentral Alaska, as well as in Fairbanks and across the state. Programs that included face to face coursework options in Anchorage are designated with a (*). All programs that include fieldwork or internship components have the option of completing those components in Southcentral schools and agencies.
- B.A., Elementary Education*
- Elementary K-8 Postbaccalaureate Licensure Program*
- Minor in Elementary Education
- Minor in Early Childhood Education*
- Local Knowledge Educator Undergraduate Certificate Program (coming in Fall 2020)
- Special education K-12 Postbaccalaureate Certificate of Completion (all credits can be used toward M.Ed.)
- M.Ed., Special Education
- Minor in Special Education (coming Fall 2020)
- M.Ed. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.Ed. in School Counseling
- M.Ed in Elementary Education*
- M.Ed in Secondary Education*
- M.Ed in Second Language Acquisition, Bilingual Education and Literacy
- M.Ed in Online Innovation and Design
- M.Ed in People, Place and Pedagogy
- M.Ed.in Special Education
- Secondary Postbaccalaureate Licensure Program toward M.Ed., Secondary Education
- Art K-12 Postbaccalaureate Licensure Program toward M.Ed., Secondary Education
All programs are also available as distance education option.