Schedule an in-person campus visit
The best way to really know what UAF is like is to visit campus for yourself. Your
individual campus visit will include opportunities for you and your family to meet
one-on-one with UAF admissions and financial aid experts, current students and faculty,
and see the place you’ll come to think of as home as a UAF student.
What you’ll do
No two visits are the same — your visit will be personalized just for you. You’ll meet with faculty in your major and see the actual classrooms where you’ll be studying. Once you schedule your visit, we’ll be in touch with you to plan your personalized itinerary for the day.
|10 a.m.||Meet with an Admissions Counselor|
|11 a.m.||Meet with a Financial Aid and Scholarships Advisor|
|Noon||Have lunch (on us!) in Dine49, UAF’s main dining court|
|1 p.m.||Meet with a faculty member from your major|
|2 p.m.||Take a tour of campus, led by a current student|
|3 p.m.||See the residence halls, including what a hall room looks like|
|4 p.m.||Meet with an advisor to learn your next steps|
At the University of Alaska Fairbanks, we work hard to improve our understanding of people with disabilities and are here to help any way we can. We will do our best to accommodate you and your experience on campus. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 907-474-7500 if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
Tips for your visit
- Pack your sneaks — It’s a good idea to wear comfortable footwear for walking. We’ll be showing you all the best-known-secret-places on campus, and that means a lot of exploring.
- 24 hour sun — In the summer, we celebrate the midnight sun! If you’re traveling from “the lower 48” or outside Alaska, a sleep mask might be helpful to get enough rest.
- Dress for the weather — Fairbanks winters get very cold, often below 0°F. Please bundle up to protect yourself from the elements. Alaskans will tell you, the secret is to wear layers.
- Give yourself extra time — It can be difficult to travel in the wintertime, especially if you’re not familiar with the area. Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destinations.
- Parking on campus — When you arrive for your campus visit, we’ll reserve a parking spot for you. We’ll send you personalized parking instructions with your visit confirmation.
- Give Us Your Bucket List — Is there anything specific you’d love to do while you’re here? Your visit is personalized and we can help arrange for anything you are interested in. Walk one of the dozens of UAF trails, join the -40° below club, see musk oxen and reindeer at the Large Animal Research Station (LARS) or take a tour of the Geophysical Institute to see where rockets are built.
Your visit will start in Signers’ Hall, which is located in the center of the main area of our Troth Yeddha’ campus. When coming to campus from Fairbanks, you can arrive from either the Alumni Drive entrance at the corner of College Road and University Avenue, or the Thompson Drive entrance, accessible from Geist Road.