UAF is committed to all veterans and military students—active duty, reserve, guard, separated and retired—as well as their dependents who are exploring UAF's academic opportunities. Staff members in Department of Military and Veterans' Services, Financial Aid, Admissions, and Career Services are here to help you with any challenges you encounter while working in or transitioning from a military to an academic environment.
For Ft. Wainwright active duty and Alaska National Guard servicemembers who are currently deployed or deploying in support of a named operation, UAF will cover:
- all course fees for the fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters
- the application fee
|Application Fee||$50 Waived|
|Course Fees:||$407* Covered by UAF|
|Tuition||$1,338* Covered by TA|
*Based on six 100- or 200-level credit hours. Additional program-specific fees may apply. 300- and 400-level courses will incur additional charges not covered by TA benefits.
- Fill out UAF’s online application and use the application code UAFARCTICWARRIOR on the payment page.
- Download and fill out a deployment verification form (PDF) and have it signed by your:
- Platoon Leader,
- Company Commander, or
- Battalion Commander (only one signature is necessary)
- Submit the deployment verification form to the Department of Military and Veteran Services (DMVS) at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the DMVS office in Eielson Building suite 104.
Military academic programs
Did you know that UAF offers minors and degree programs for students with military backgrounds?
Department of Military & Veteran Services
The UAF DMVS assists veterans, service members, and eligible dependents with paperwork for degree and certificate programs. As a liaison with the Department of Veterans Affairs, the School Certifying Official monitors the academic progress of eligible students in compliance with Title 38, Code of Federal Regulations
Avoid late BAH payments and school late fees! Initiate your VA paperwork 60-90 days prior to your school start date.