Summer 2021 Operations During COVID-19
We have implemented additional measures for health and safety and are committed to offering a high quality and diverse dining program.
This site will be updated as our plan continues to evolve in accordance with university, CDC and public health authority guidelines.
Safety & Sanitation
- Expanding our sanitation practices in dining locations with a heavy focus on high frequency touch point cleaning,
- Physical barriers have been installed at cashier stations.
- Sanitizing stations for customers and staff will be available in the dining areas.
- 3rd party companies will be required to abide by our policies.
- We are following COVID-19 Face Covering policy.
- Signage is posted at all dining locations including floor makers, flow of traffic directional, and more to properly allow social distancing in our Dining areas.
- Floor tape indicating proper distancing at cashier and pick up areas.
- Some dining areas are one way in and one way out to optimize flow of traffic and social distancing.
- We rely heavily on digital communications including Dine On Campus App (menus and notifications), Grubhub (mobile ordering) and social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to help stay engaged and communicate with guests.
Changes in Services
- GrubHub, mobile ordering, will be strongly encouraged.
- Customer limits will be in place per any mandates in any of our service areas.
- Disposable, single-use silverware will be utilized.
- Eliminate self-serve stations with non-wrapped food items ie. deli station/salad bar. Prepackaged Grab and Go products are available for these stations.
- Tables will be spaced for social distancing and some tables will offer a plexi-glass divider.
- We ask that at no point should guests move tables or chairs from their predetermined positions to meet guidelines.
These plans outline some, but not all, of the measures being taken. We will continue adding more details to this site as plans evolve.
If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to Chartwells Customer Experience Manager, Angelo Casiano at firstname.lastname@example.org or by texting Chatback at (907) 312-5616.
Visit the UA coronavirus information website to learn how the University of Alaska is responding to the novel coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and find links to FAQs, communications, policy guidance and resources.
Check out our new lineup of plans for 2021-2022. Experience the added value of a meal plan!
Enjoy dining on campus. With seven locations, you're sure to find something to satisfy your hunger.