Payment plans and advance of funding
Are you unable to pay your account balance in full or have financial aid arriving after a fee payment deadline? The Office of the Bursar offers multiple payment plan options throughout the semester. To avoid semester late fees or possibly being dropped for non-payment, make sure you contact our office or enroll in a payment plan before the semester's posted fee payment deadline.
UAF payment plans are available to UAF degree and non-degree seeking students only. UAA and UAS students will need to contact their degree seeking campus. Once enrolled in a payment plan, students will need to make their payments through their UAOnline account or in person at the Office of the Bursar in Signers' Hall. Personal payments, including payments from a college savings account, will apply to the next payment due. Financial aid payments from FAFSA will apply towards the entire account balance, not specifically to the next installment due.
Do you pay monthly rent for UAF housing and are registered for classes? If you need a payment plan for your tuition and fees, you must enroll in an estimated payment plan through the Office of the Bursar. These payment plans are available through email via NextGen form only. The plans available online will not calculate correctly when you make your monthly rent payments which can result in late fees. Please contact the Office of the Bursar for more information or to enroll.
Online Payment PlansTo keep students, faculty, and staff healthy and to promote social distancing, we have created several convenient options to get out of line by going online. All debit/credit card payments are to be made online through your UAOnline account (How to Pay Online). Electronic check payments may be made online with no transaction fee (How-to find your Routing and Account number).
Please refer to the academic calendar for fee pay deadlines: https://catalog.uaf.edu/
Fall 2021 Payment Deadline- September 3rd.
If you are registered for classes prior to the payment deadline, students must be enrolled into a payment plan by September 3rd to avoid Late Fees and/or the possibility of being dropped for non-payment.
It is now past the September 3rd deadline. Payment plans are open for enrollment,
but if you still have a balance due a late fee may have been assessed to your account.
You can check your current account balance on UAOnline. If you are not enrolled in
a payment plan, you run the risk of possibly being dropped for non-payment.
Option 5 is available 8/03/21 – 8/15/21. Pay 1/5th of the balance down including the enrollment fee. The 4 remaining payments are due by 9/1, 10/1, 11/1, and 12/1. The enrollment fee is $65 online.
Option 4 is available 8/03/21 - 9/15/21. Pay 1/4th of the balance down including the enrollment fee. The 3 remaining payments are due by 10/1, 11/1, and 12/1. The enrollment fee is $65 online.
Option 3 is available 8/16/21 - 10/15/21. Pay 1/3rd of the balance down including the enrollment fee. The 2 remaining payments are due by 11/1 and 12/1. The enrollment fee is $65 online.
Option 2 is available 10/15/21 - 11/15/21. Pay 1/2 of the balance down including the enrollment fee. The 1 remaining payment is due by 12/1. The enrollment fee is $65 online.
Deferred Payment Plan available 8/03/21 - 10/15/21. The enrollment fee is $90. The student must have 100% guaranteed funding and submit written verification of payment. Payment is due in full by 11/01/21. These plans are available in person or via email only. Contact the Office of the Bursar if you know you have financial aid or other payments that will pay your account balance in full, but it will be arriving after the tuition and fee payment deadline. If payment is not received in full by 11/01/21, a one-time late fee of $175 will be applied to the account.
Students paying UAF monthly rent must contact the Office of the Bursar to enroll in an estimated plan.
UAOnline Payment Plan Enrollment Instructions
- Log into UAOnline
- Click on "Student Services and Account Information"
- Click on "Student Account"
- Click on "Account Detail for Term (Semester) / Pay Term Balance/Payment Plan Setup"
- Make sure the current term is selected and submit
- Click on the grey "PAY NOW" button above your "[Current Term] Semester Term Detail" after acknowledging the refund policy terms
- You will be directed to the secured TouchNet epay website. If you have multiple accounts select "UAF WEB Payments" from the "My Accounts" drop down list and click on "Select". Click on "Payment Plans" on top page bar.
- Click on the green "Enroll Now" button
- Select the current term and complete remaining payment plan steps
- Make your next payment by the 1st of the next month
Fall textbook loans will be applied after July 1st.
UAF offers multiple options to help students purchase textbooks and supplies. Please see our terms and conditions.
Option 1: Textbook Loan – For requests up to $300. No aid verification is required.
Option 2: Advance of Funding – For requests greater than $300. Aid verification is required. Students must provide guaranteed proof of aid that will cover 100% of their UA account balance and the amount requested. Aid verification can include a Bursar Award Confirmation completed by the UAF Financial Aid Office (see form), scholarship award letters, and/or other sources of funding.
The money from these requests will be applied to your PolarExpress Card as Bear Bucks. You will be able to purchase books and necessary supplies at any UAF Bookstore. You do not need a PolarExpress card to purchase your textbooks online. At checkout, simply log in with your UA single sign on and enter your UA ID number when prompted. The amount will be deducted from your Bear Bucks account. Click here for more information on Bear Bucks and how to manage your account online.
All communication regarding your Textbook Loan or Advance of Funding loan will be sent to your preferred email in UAOnline. If you have questions, contact the UAF Office of the Bursar at 907-474-7384, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in person on the first floor of Signers' Hall.
Instructions for Submitting a Form via email or in person:
- Submit the completed Textbook Loan and Advance of Funding form to the UAF Office of
the Bursar, via email or in person.
- If you are requesting an amount greater than $300, you will need to provide aid verification. If you are expecting FAFSA funds or scholarships, students can take the form to the UAF Financial Aid Office to complete the Bursar Award Confirmation section or submit their scholarship award letters.
- If you have other means of payment, you can submit the supporting documents directly to the UAF Office of the Bursar for review.
- The UAF Office of the Bursar will review the request and contact the student if more information is needed. Once approved, the requested funds will be applied to the student’s Bear Bucks account. The UAF Office of the Bursar will notify the student of when the funds are available.