M.S. Programs in Chemistry
A M.S. in Chemistry will prepare you for a rewarding career doing basically whatever you want. You could continue your education and become a teacher, doctor, or lawyer. You could move right into the workforce in the industry of your choosing. Your options are wide open with a M.S. in Chemistry. So, lets get started!Degree Requirements
The Chemistry department Masters programs provide post-baccalaureate training in one or more of the primary subdisciplines of chemistry, including analytical, organic, inorganic, and physical. Your training is in the form of advanced coursework, advanced techniques associated with a research project, and dissemination of ideas in both written and oral. We offer M.S. degree concentrations in three areas: Chemistry, Biochemistry and Neuroscience, and Environmental Chemistry.
We offer M.S. degree concentrations in three areas
- Biochemistry and Neuroscience
- Environmental Chemistry
A M.S. in Chemistry will likely afford you a career in chemistry or continue your education at the Ph.D. level or in professional schools such as medical, law, and business.
- Graduates attain a level of technical ability and knowledge to function as professionals in their discipline.
- Communication/presentation skills are consistent with professional standards.
- Graduates obtain employment or continue education in the field following graduation.
- In addition to the above intended outcomes, M.S. graduates will have performed research using technical and problem solving skills to contribute to their field.
Are you interested in pursuing your M.S. at UAF? Please reach out to our faculty. We would love to discuss your research and education possibilities.