MOU, MOA and Affiliation Agreements
MOU-MOA POLICY GUIDELINES
The Assistant to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor will serve as the liaison and will work with the appropriate Dean's and/or Director's office to assist with routing and finalizing each agreement.
Special Note for Articulation Agreements:
- All articulation agreements must be shared with the Office of the Registrar before routing the document for approval.
- There is a separate articulation agreement addendum used for internal agreements between UAA, UAF or UAS.
- Complex academic agreements that include funds received by either party do require an approved MOU/MOA, routed to the Office of the Provost. Especially if the agreement includes funding for a program.
- Academic Affiliation Agreements also need to be routed to the Office of the Provost. Other types of sponsored agreements can be handled by OGCA.
Agreements Routed Through Procurement: Agreements obligating funds or agreements that fund a program need to be reviewed by the Office of the Provost.
The following types of MOU/MOA/Affiliation Agreements are routed through the Office of the Provost:
- All Academic Activities- All MOU's, MOA's, and/or Affiliation Agreements for any academic activity (does not include MOAs for student practicums) that are created by academic units who report to the Provost, need to be processed through the Office of the Provost.
- Marine Advisory Program (MAP) / Cooperative Extension Service (CES)- MOU, MOA, and/or Affiliation Agreements concerning the activities of the MAP or the CES need to be routed through the Office of the Provost.
- Academic and Research- This type of MOU or MOA requires signatures from both the Provost and the Vice Chancellor of Research.
Additional Resources- The University of Alaska Fairbanks is committed to providing a safe and healthy educational and work environment in which University Sponsored Off-Campus Programs and Research Activities are free from discrimination and harassment. For questions regarding UA nondiscrimination policies, contact the Department of Equity and Compliance at UAFemail@example.com, call (907) 474-7300 or visit the Department of Equity and Compliance website
Please contact Claire-Elise Baalke with questions at 907-474-6634 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Alaska Fairbanks is committed to providing a safe and healthy educational and work environment in which University Sponsored Off-Campus Programs and Research Activities are free from discrimination and harassment.
- Email your students and add the following verbiage in the course or program materials:
- Margo Griffith, UAF Title IX Coordinator, 1692 Tok Lane, 3rd Floor Constitution Hall, Fairbanks, AK 99775
- Phone: 907-474-7300,
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.uaf.edu/
- The University of Alaska Fairbanks is committed to ensuring students are aware of their rights and that the university takes proactive measures to provide a safe and healthy educational and work environment which are free from discrimination and harassment. For more information, visit the University Sponsored Off-Campus Programs and Research Activities website.
- For more information or to report or file a complaint of discrimination or harassment, contact:
Additional Notifications Provided:
- Notice is sent from Statewide to students on a bi-annual basis. Employees also receive an annual notice.
- The Concur Travel System has an onscreen notice requiring acknowledgment.
For questions regarding UA's nondiscrimination policies, contact the Department of Equity and Compliance at UAFfirstname.lastname@example.org, call (907) 474-7300 or visit the website at visit the Department of Equity and Compliance website.
- MOU Template (05/23/22 Word document): This template is to be used as the foundation for MOU agreements. Please keep in mind that the information included in the template is required for record-keeping in OnBase, and information can be added to meet the requirements of the external agency. MOUs are not legally binding. Please use an Affiliation Agreement for student placements.
- Human Services Affiliation Agreement Template (06/24/19 Word document)
- Health- Medical Affiliation Agreement Template (06/24/19 Word document)
- Non-Medical Affiliation Agreement Template (06/24/19 Word document)
- Articulation Agreement Template (06/24/19 Word document)
- External Articulation Agreement Addendum Template (4/3/19 Word document)
- Internal Articulation Agreement Addendum Template (5/10/22 Word document)
- Paid Internship Placement Agreement Template (6/24/19 Word document)
- Unpaid Internship Placement Agreement Template (6/24/19 Word document)
- *Special note for MOAs- A template for MOAs is not availble due to the variability in agreements and language. However, any MOA involving a student must include a section addressing FERPA requirements.
Routing for Signatures- Approved Final Draft
Route the approved final agreement to:
- Unit Dean
- External Entity
- Assistant to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor (initials only)
- Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor -
- Using Docusign, please ensure Claire-Elise Baalke initials the document before it is routed to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for signature. The email address is: email@example.com
- After Anupma Prakash signs, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Academic unit||Point of contact||Phone|
|College of Liberal Arts||Dee Cardenteyemail@example.com|
|College of Fisheries and Ocean Science||Heather McLeodfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|College of Engineering and Mines||
|College of Business and Security Management||Mark Herrmannemail@example.com|
|College of Natural Science & Mathematics||Hild Petersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|IANRE/Cooperative Extension||Carolyn Pennington-Chapinemail@example.com|
|Elmer E. Rasmuson Library||Wendy Frandsenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UA Museum of the North||Emilie Nelsonemail@example.com|
|College of Rural and Community Development||Izzy Martinezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Community and Technical College||Martha Westphalemail@example.com|
|School of Education||Diane Wallacefirstname.lastname@example.org|