Resources for SSS Students
Financial Resources (including scholarships)
First, have you submitted your FAFSA?
- Visit the Federal Student Aid website to submit a new FAFSA, check your status, or view your Student Aid Report (SAR). (What is a Student Aid Report?)
- FAFSA opens October 1 for following academic year (e.g. 2019-2020 FAFSA opens October 1, 2018)
- FAFSA DUE by June 30 for Alaska Education Grant (AEG) and Alaska Performance Scholarship (APS) recipients
- Need help? Check out the Financial Aid Office
Beyond your FAFSA...
The following resources can be used as a guide to help you find and apply for scholarships. For a hard copy or to work with your SSS advisor on a scholarship application, please come by our office!
General Scholarship Resources
- American Association of University Women
- Caleb Lumen Pungowiyi Scholars Program
- Doyon Foundation
- Financial aid deadlines and calendar
- Guide to check financial aid status
- Osher Re-Entry Scholarship
- P.E.O. International
- SSS Emergency Scholarship
- Scholarships at SallieMae.com
- Scholarships at collegeboard.org
- Scholarships at fastweb.com
- UA Scholarship
- UAF Blog on Scholarships
- UAF Scholarships
SSS Emergency Scholarship - The purpose of this scholarship is to provide temporary financial relief for unexpected personal expenses or in emergency-type situations to current UAF Student Support Services program participants. Please consult your SSS advisor prior to applying.
On UAF Main Campus:
Center for Student Rights and Responsibilities
Formerly the Dean of Students Office.
Support for academic integrity, Grade and Academic Appeals, student conduct, required trainings, and other administrative concerns.
Academic and classroom support for students who experience learning or physical disabilities, including accommodations and other resources.
Resource and Advocacy Center
Part of the Interior Alaska Center for Non-Violent Living
Confidential advocacy and resource referral for survivors of intimate partner violence.
Student Health and Counseling Center
General medical clinic offering healthcare, counselling, lab services, and referrals.
Title IX - Sex and Gender Equity
Title IX is a federal civil rights law prohibiting sex and gender-based discrimination in education. UAF's Title IX Office offers options to report violations along with policy and regulatory support.
Learning Labs (click for PDF!)
List of UAF lab locations, hours and contact information along with other resources.
Live Homework Help (via SLED)
Online homework help for Alaska students. Available seven days a week, 1-9 PM. Call 1-800-440-2919 to receive a password for access.
This resource provides online help for students in many different subject areas including math, science, and humanities.
Online references for:
VARK Questionnaire: How Do I Learn Best?
The VARK Questionnaire helps you identify how you learn. Understanding your learning style can help you adjust your study strategies and gain other insight.