Innovative Technology and Education (ITE) Awards
Open to ALL undergraduate, graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, staff and faculty requiring technology-related equipment and/or software for student-based instruction and/or research are invited to apply for an URSA Innovative Technology and Education (ITE) Award of up to $5,000. Funds for these awards come from a percentage of student fees.
Applicants are limited to two ITE awards every three years. This policy allows for a greater number of individuals to receive awards.
Funds must be spent no later than June 15, 2021.
Award selections by the URSA ITE Review Panel will be based on:
- Written quality of the proposal and purpose of the equipment/software.
- Direct benefit to the educational experience of undergraduate students (including
the number of students benefiting from the equipment/software).
- While the subject and results may contribute to an individual faculty member’s program
of instruction, research or creative scholarship, the use of technology-related equipment/software
must involve undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Implementation schedule (all equipment/software will be the property of the awardee’s
department; therefore, the overseeing department must be identified in the proposal).
- Detailed list of equipment/software with specifications and costs (a copy of the cost
estimate from the manufacturer/supplier must be provided).
- Maintenance plan for the equipment/software.