Innovative Technology and Education (ITE) Awards
Open to ALL undergraduate, graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, staff and faculty requiring technology-related equipment and/or software for student-based instruction and/or research are invited to apply for an URSA Innovative Technology and Education (ITE) Award of up to $5,000.
Funds for these awards come from a percentage of student fees.
Applicants are limited to two ITE awards every three years. This policy allows for a greater number of individuals to receive awards.
Funds must be spent no later than June 15, 2023
Applications open February 6, 2023
Deadline is extended to March 12, 2023
Award selections by the URSA ITE Review Panel will be based on:
- Written quality of the proposal and purpose of the equipment/software.
- Direct benefit to the educational experience of undergraduate students (including
the number of students benefiting from the equipment/software).
- While the subject and results may contribute to an individual faculty member’s program
of instruction, research or creative scholarship, the use of technology-related equipment/software
must involve undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Implementation schedule (all equipment/software will be the property of the awardee’s
department; therefore, the overseeing department must be identified in the proposal).
- Detailed list of equipment/software with specifications and costs (a copy of the cost
estimate from the manufacturer/supplier must be provided).
- Maintenance plan for the equipment/software.