What is an Information Session?
The primary purpose of an information session is to put a spotlight on your organization--you can speak about your organization's operations and goals, share employment opportunities, and make a lasting impression on our students.
Information sessions serve to promote your organization, meet with students face-to-face, and gain exposure to the UAF community. It also allows students to explore the career choices available to their majors, and to learn more about the real-life application of their studies.
- Hold your sessions during the free hour 1:00-2:00 on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Have a short presentation for interested students
- Leave time for students to ask questions
- Plan your information session around an event like a Career Fair, Interview Day or Recruitment Week to generate additional interest.
- Back up your PowerPoint presentation on a USB
What do you need for an Information Session?
If you would like students to come to your information session, spreading the word
is key. Please send flyers to firstname.lastname@example.org
2 weeks before your information session. If you would like your business to be linked on any Facebook posts please include your @name for Facebook.
Everyone loves free food! If you are planning to have food at your information session you have 2 options. Both require 2 weeks notice, so plan accordingly!
- Order from UAF Vendor Chartwells
- Chartwells offers a variety of food and drinks. To see their extensive menu and to make an order click here. Please place orders 2 weeks before the event.
- Order from a Non-UAF Vendor
- If you choose to bring food from outside (Non-UAF) vendors, the Liability Release Request Form needs to be completed 2 weeks before the event.
There are several pay-to-park lots available for visitors.
- The Nenana Lot: 4F, 4D, & 4E and the Signers Hall Parking Lots 3A & 3C are both great places to park to access lower campus. These parking lots are pay-by-plate
lots. You can pay through a kiosk or through UAF’s Mobile Parking App. Click here for more information.
- Click here to see the complete campus map.
- If you choose to use the campus shuttle by parking in the Nenana Lot, you can track it here.