College & Universities on Handshake
5 Million +
Validated early talent profiles
Message open rate-2.5X the industry average
Connect with qualified students and alumni with your employer Handshake account
Post open jobs & internships on Handshake
Register for career fairs & and Advertise virtual or face-to-face information sessions, office tours, etc.
Schedule on-campus or virtual interviews
Create a free employer account with Handshake, UA’s career management platform for students and alumni. We want this process to be as easy for you and recommend you check out: Getting Started with Handshake .
Creating a New User Account
Ready to create an account with Handshake? Follow these steps to get started:
- Visit https://app.joinhandshake.com/register
- Select the Employer account type from the options presented
- Fill out the information requested then click Sign Up
After you set up your account and confirm your email address, then you will be prompted to either join your existing company profile (if you already use Handshake with other Universities) or create a new company profile.
How to Add a School on Handshake
During your initial account set up you will be prompted to add schools to your profile.To connect with UAF students search for and request: "University of Alaska System"
To add a new school follow the steps below:
- Log in to Handshake
- On your left navigation bar, under the ‘Relationships’ click ‘Schools’
- Choose ‘More Schools on Handshake’
- Request the "University of Alaska System"
- Once received, your request will be reviewed by Career Services Staff
- Sign in to your employer account on Handshake
- From the home page you can click the blue box on the left that says 'Post a Job'
- Or on the left side navigation toolbar, click 'Jobs'
- On the top right, click the blue box titled 'Create Job'
- Complete the job posting with as many details and descriptions as possible
- Follow the prompts and add the school or schools you would like to post the job to
- Enter application start and expiration dates, then click 'Create'
For further information see this article!
To get to the Career Fair's page, either directly select an invitation link (if you received one), or follow the steps below to find our fairs.
To find a career fair
- Log in to Handshake
- On your left navigation bar, under the ‘Campus’ click ‘Fairs’
- Search ‘University of Alaska’ in the upper left search bar to see UAF fairs
- Once you click on the fair you will be taken to the Fair's Details page. This will give you an overview of all the necessary information pertaining to this Career Fair.
- To register, select the blue Register button on the upper right side of the page and fill out the registration form.
- Once you have found and selected the fair(s) you want to attend, select the blue Register button on the upper right side of the page and fill out the registration form. This will take you directly to the Career Fair's Registration form.
- For a walk through of this process see: Registering for a Career Fair (Employers)
- Please note the ‘Jobs on Handshake’ section is required and you will receive an error if it is not filled out.
- Once all information is filled out, click on Create Registration at the bottom of the page.
You are not officially registered for the career fair until payment has been processed.
The University of Alaska Career Services Offices operate under the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Ethical Professional Practices and expects employers to do the same.
Use of services provided by the Career Services Office as well as the Handshake platform constitutes the employer’s agreement to the following policies.
The purpose of the UA Handshake is to allow employers to post information about current or anticipated job and/or internship openings. UA Career Services Offices reserve the right to decline requests that are deemed inappropriate or predatory.
University policy requires that employers:
- Comply with the NACE Principles for Employment Professionals NACE Principles for Ethical Professional Practice and Career Services Office policies, as determined by the Career Services Office.
- Will refrain from providing UA students’ and alumni resume or information to any other party without the student’s or alum’s written consent, regardless of source. Failing to comply with this University policy is a violation of the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act.
- Employers must follow US Department of Labor, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the EEOC Regulations, NACE Principles for Professional Conduct, University of Alaska Policy and Standards, and local, state, and federal laws. It is unlawful for an employer to use screening criteria based on race, gender, ethnicity, marital status, disability, age, and other bases covered by law and policy.
Employers shall abide by the following practices when utilizing Handshake:
- Job postings must be actual, current openings.
- Job postings must clearly identify the scope and responsibilities of the position, requirements of the position, and compensation information.
- Job postings shall not contain false, fraudulent, inaccurate or misleading information.
- Job postings should provide official company address, accurate location of employment performance, business email, website, and contact first and last name.
- Job postings shall not require any type of payment from the applicant including but not limited to: requirement to attend unpaid orientation or training; direct fees in order to be placed into a job or internship; payment for application fees; requirement to purchase, lease, or rent sales kits, samples, presentation supplies, or the like.
- Job posting may not contain anything that is sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, defamatory, physically threatening, or illegal.
- Employers are willing to provide written documentation of registration with the Better
Business Bureau when and if requested.
Refer to the University of Alaska, Policy regarding Marijuana, page 16 for our most updated policy.
- All candidate information provided to an employer is released only to the employer
for hiring purposes related to the identified job posting. Re-disclosure is not permissible
in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
On Campus Recruiting/Interview Scheduling
- Cancellations: Employers who cancel an interview schedule once the student sign-up period has opened are responsible for contacting the students to inform them of the cancellation.
University of Alaska and the Career Service’s office reserves the right to make changes or exceptions to the policies as necessary.
UA Career Expo
March 24, 2021
11:00 am to 3:00 pm
January 19, 2021
|UAA & UAF Spring Accounting Recruitment Week||
Meet & Greet: April 21, 2021
Complete your Company Profile
Include a company email domain that matches your company, a working website that matches your company, forward facing contact information (email, phone number, etc).
Request a Few Schools Initially
This will allow you to build positive relationships with schools while also growing your Trust Score. You can request additional schools as you become approved at your initial schools.
Build Your Trust Score
The trust score takes into account your activity level on the platform, the number of approvals from various schools, length of time on the platform, completeness of profile, and valid website. Focusing on these areas will help build your score.