Fall 2022 Accounting Recruitment Week
Welcome to Accounting Recruitment Week at the University of Alaska Fairbanks! Through this series of events, we look forward to connecting current students and alumni with your accounting internship and career opportunities!
Guide for Success
- Monday, August 1 @ 12:01 am AKT: Early Registration opens
- Tuesday, August 9 @ 11:59 pm AKT: Early Registration deadline
- Tuesday, August 23 @ 11:59 pm AKT:
- Deadline to post open positions on Handshake
- Regular registration deadline
- Monday, September 12, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm: UAA Meet the Firms
- Friday, September 16, 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm: UAF Meet the Firms
- Tentative: Friday, September 16 @ 6:00pm: UAF Accounting Club (GAAP) dinner*
- Tentative: Friday, September 23: UAA Accounting Club’s Fall Social (in person, off-campus)*
- Sunday, September 25 @ 11:59 pm AKT: Candidate application deadline
- Tuesday, September 27 @ 11:59 pm AKT: Deadline for firms to offer interviews to candidates
- Thursday, September 29 @ 11:59 pm AKT: Deadline for candidates to select interview date/time
- Monday, October 3 - Friday, October 7: UAA & UAF Accounting Recruitment Week interviews (If your firm is participating in both, we can schedule your interviews on separate days)
- Friday, October 28: Deadline for applicants to accept or decline offers (Offers cannot expire before this date
**The two Accounting Clubs' events are listed here as a courtesy, but are hosted by the clubs and they will communicate with invitees directly. Career Services is not the host for UAF's club dinner, nor UAA's club social.
Friday, September 16 in the Wood Center Ballroom
This Fall's Accounting Recruitment Week Meet the Firms events will be held on Friday, September 16 at UAF. This event will be an interactive tabling experience where students and alumni will move between tables to connect with firms.
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm | Firm rep arrival, check in, & table setup
- 3:30pm - 5:30pm | Main event: An interactive tabling experience where students and alumni will move between tables to connect with firms
- 5:30pm - 6:00pm | Clean up
- Please review the UAF campus map before visiting campus. 2 parking permits for the Nenana parking lot will be sent to you via email. If you choose to park in the metered areas, you are responsible for “feeding the meter”.
- To find the Nenana lot, enter the campus via Thompson Drive. At the roundabout take the immediate right onto Tanana Loop. The Nenana lot will be the first right. Park and place the permit on the dashboard of the vehicle.
- There is a heated shuttle stop located in the center of the parking lot. The shuttle will take you directly to the Wood Center (it stops first at the Eielson Building--don’t get off here unless you’re trying to get your steps in!).
- You can track the shuttle at www.uafshuttle.com. The Nenana shuttle route is blue and the ride takes approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
- What is provided:
- (1) table
- (2) chairs
- What to bring:
- Tablecloth for a 8-foot table
- Any informational materials or swag you wish to share
Between Monday, October 3 - Friday, October 7 in various UAF locations
Thank you for indicating your in-person and virtual availability when you registered. Please keep an eye on your email for correspondence about the creation of your interview schedule. Once your interview schedule is established, it will be viewable only to students whom you invite to interview.
Please contact Nicole Goff with any questions about your interview schedule.
Resources & Tips:
- How to Send a Message to Students | Reach out to students to invite them to apply
- Reviewing Applications in Handshake
- Managing Interview Schedule Applicants | Select candidates to interview and invite them to schedule via Handshake
- Hosting Virtual Interviews | Managing your video links for interviews
- How to Download the Applicants for an Interview Schedule