Resident meal plans
Participation in the dining services program is required of all students living in university residence halls and Cutler Apartments, with the exception of graduate students.
Residence Hall Meal Plans
Weekly Block Plans
Big Dipper Plan*
Little Dipper Plan
Munch Money Plans
Cutler Apartment Meal Plans
*Freshman students must select from the Nanook Plan or Big Dipper Plan.
Meal plan details
Meal plans offer savings up to $281 depending on plan selection.
Weekly Block Meals are used in Dine 49 for all-you-care-to-eat dinner and exchanged for up to a $7.00 equivalency at most UAF campus dining locations (excluding Subway) from 11:00 a.m. until closing.
Freshmen residing on campus must select either Nanook Plan or Big Dipper Plan.
- All pricing is per semester.
- The student will automatically be enrolled in the same meal plan in the spring semester unless UAF Dining Services is notified in writing of a different selection.
- Weekly blocks will reset on Mondays mornings to the selected weekly allowance. Unused blocks expire when the plan resets.
- Block equivalency is not redeemable for cash.
- Leftover Munch Money in the fall semester will be added to the spring meal plan. However, all unused Munch Money expires at the end of the academic year after May 3, 2020.
- Unused blocks and Munch Money will not be refunded.
- Top-off plans will be available for purchase if funds run low.
Selecting a meal plan
Meal Plan applications will be released on February 28, 2019.
Fall 2019 meal plan fees will be applied to your university account on July 1, 2019.
Payment for the Fall dining plan should be made along with your tuition and fees on or before the fee payment deadline, September 6, 2019.
Please note: A default plan will automatically be assigned if an alternate plan is not selected prior to August 14, 2019. The default plan is determined by housing assignment:
- Residence Halls - Nanook Plan
- Cutler Apartments - Gold Plan