General Education Mobile (GEM)
UAF has partnered with the Community College of the Air Force's (CCAF) GEM program. With this program, Airmen can access our general education courses in an online setting to fulfill the CCAF Associate in Applied Science (AAS) general education requirements. The flexibility of an online classroom allows you to learn on your own time from anywhere in the world!
- CCAF and GEM information
- GEM Application and enrollment information
- If you would like to apply for admission to a UAF degree program, visit the UAF Office of Admissions.
Tuition and fees
- Course Finder
- Course term length: The standard semester at UAF lasts fifteen weeks, including finals week. Several classes are compressed into sessions of shorter duration, such as our six-week summer sessions classes, our two-week Maymester and Wintermester classes, and a variety of classes offered during our fall and spring semesters.
Approved GEM courses
The following UAF courses have been approved as General Education Mobility (GEM) courses which can be used to meet Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) general education requirements for their Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- ANTH F100X - Individual, Society and Culture
- ECON F201X - Principles of Economics I: Microeconomics
- ECON F202X - Principles of Economics II: Macroeconomics
- GEOG F101X - Expedition Earth: Introduction to Geography
- HIST F100X - Modern World History
- PS F100X - Political Economy
- PS F101X - Introduction to American Government and Politics
- PSY F101X - Introduction to Psychology
- SOC F101X - Introduction to Sociology
- SOC F201X - Social Problems and Solutions
- ENGL F200X - World Literature
- ENGL F270X - Introduction to Creative Writing
- FREN F101X - Elementary French I
- GER F101X - Elementary German I
- LAT F101X - Beginning Latin I
- LAT F102X - Beginning Latin II
- PHIL F102X - Introduction to Philosophy
- SPAN F101X - Elementary Spanish I
- SPAN F102X - Elementary Spanish II
Online academic and technical support