Wood Center annually recognizes student and professional staff. These awards include:
- Carol Brown Outstanding Student Employee Award
- W. Ronald Keyes Staff Recognition Award
- Sarah Comstock "Spirit" Award
- Student employee of the month
- ASUAF Award for Outstanding Faculty and Staff
The Student-Faculty Awards Committee is seeking nominations for the annual Outstanding Graduating Student Awards. Traditionally, these awards have been awarded each to an outstanding graduating woman, man, and non-traditional student. This year, in alignment with the Chancellor’s charge to create a more diverse, inclusive, and caring environment, small changes have been made to the Boswell and Wiegert awards.
The Awards Committee reviewed the original spirit and purpose of each award, researched the achievements and contributions of Marion Boswell, Joel Wiegert, and Gray Tilly, and discussed at length several ways to continue honoring their legacy at UAF. The Awards Committee agreed that the best way to achieve this goal is to allow the most qualified person to receive their respective award, regardless of gender identification.
As such, the new awards are as follows:
- Marion Frances Boswell Memorial Award, Outstanding Bachelor Degree Candidate
- Joel Wiegert Award, Outstanding Associate Degree Candidate
- Gray Tilly Memorial Award, Outstanding Graduating Non-Traditional Student
The awards will be announced at the annual Awards Breakfast on April 20th at 9 AM.
The criteria used by the committee in the selection of the award recipients are:
Other student awards
Saturday, April 20, 2019 9:30 a.m. (doors open at 9 a.m.) Wood Center Ballroom
Recipients and guests are welcome to arrive as early as 9 a.m. to get checked in and settled. A buffet breakfast will be served after opening remarks.
Invite and RSVP Required.