Wood Center booths may be reserved for recruitment, fundraising, distribution of information, and promotion of special events and are available to student organizations, UAF departments, campus organizations, and the outside community. Booths can be reserved through the Scheduling Office in Wood Center; hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The following is Wood Center ’s booth reservation policy; please read this information carefully as all violations of the policy will be documented. The first violation will result minimally in a written and verbal warning. The second violation will result minimally in the loss of previously scheduled booth reservations and scheduling privileges for one month. The third violation will result minimally in the loss of previously scheduled booth reservations and scheduling privileges for three months during the spring and/or fall semester, depending on the time of the infraction.
- Booths are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, with the exception of the first two weeks of each semester and when a booth is used to promote a one-time special event (i.e. performances, lectures, ect.) where they will be accepted Monday through Friday.
- Organizations have the ability to reserve one booth space per week, again with the exception of the first two weeks of each semester and when the booth will be used to promote a one-time special event (i.e. performances, lectures, ect.) where they will be accepted Monday through Friday.
- Organizations reserving booth space must specify a starting and ending time for the reservation. Organizations that are not at their booth space 30 minutes after the start time of the reservation will lose the reservation for that day. Repeated no shows will result in the loss of the ability to schedule booth space.
- Literature may be placed on the table for interested parties to take at their discretion; it cannot be handed directly to the individual unless the individual requests the literature.
- Free dispensing or sale of food or beverages is prohibited except when a food waiver approval has been obtained. The food waiver must be present at the table at all times.
- Booths are on a first come first serve basis; pre-assigned spaces are not available.
- A member of the group must be present at the booth at all times. Unattended booths are not permitted.
- Booths are limited to one eight-foot table, four chairs, and one easel per booth. You will be expected to stay within your assigned space (between the light posts and five feet behind your table).
- Do not remove chairs from other tables. If you need more chairs, please ask the Scheduling Office. A maximum of four chairs is permitted per booth. Lounge furniture is not to be moved and used for booth space(s).
- Some equipment and electricity may be available through the Scheduling Office and should be requested when you make the reservation. TV/VCR’s are available for reservation on the day of the event and therefore may not always be available; TV/VCR’s will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Nothing may be fastened to light posts, walls, TV cart, TV, or chairs. One poster or banner may be affixed only to the front of your table and/or to an easel immediately behind your table. Please do not use tape on the easel.
- All banners and other materials will be disposed of after the booth has been vacated.
- A/V equipment must fit inside your booth area, not obstruct traffic flow, and not exceed reasonable sound level (as determined by staff). If the receptionist can hear your TV, it is too loud.
- To avoid additional charges, please clean the area when you are finished.
Policies specific to the user
- Tables for political candidates are allowed during specified campaign periods. They will be required to pay per day booth rental fees (see fee structure for costs). They will not have to be “sponsored” by the University but will be required to follow all University guidelines. Candidates campaigning for positions with ASUAF are not required to pay a booth rental fee.
- For fundraising purposes, student organizations may sell items; please check with the Scheduling Office for details. If baked goods are sold, an approved food waiver and a State of Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation approval form must be present at the sale at all times.
- If a student organization reserves booth space for the purpose of selling raffle tickets, the raffle permit must be displayed at the booth at all times.
- Only a full member of a student organization may reserve a booth (students are considered full members of student clubs and UAF affiliates are considered full members of campus clubs). At the beginning of the academic year, each student organization must specify in writing three members that are permitted to make reservations on behalf of the group; reservation requests will not be accepted from any other members.
Booth space and associated fees
Booth Space and Associated Fees Please note: final decision of booth space designation and related charges will be made by the Wood Center Scheduling Office.
|For profit Commerical booth||$100.00 per day|
|Community fundraising, non-commercial booth||$50.00 per day|
|Non-profit fundraising booth||$30.00 per day|
|Community or Political Information Booth||$30.00 per day|
|Non-profit information booth||$15.00 per day|
|University Department for Commercial Use||$20.00 per day|