The UA Scholars Program encourages Alaska's high school graduates to get their advanced education in Alaska.
The UA Scholars Award is an $12,000 scholarship which can cover eligible expenses such as undergraduate tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies and other educational costs associated with going to a UA school.
- Students eligible for the award are designated by their high school if they are in the top 10 percent of their junior class at the end of their junior year.
- The award is disbursed in the amount of $1,500 per semester for a total of eight semesters over a five year period.
- Scholars are required to maintain full-time enrollment status (minimum of 12 credits) and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
UA Scholars receive award letters during the beginning of their senior year and must apply for admission (as a new student) by May 1 to reserve their award. Scholarships must start within 12 months of high school graduation. Your application fee will be waived when you select the UA Scholars application type when applying online.
- Create an account.
- Complete your student profile.
- Start an application, select a term (fall, spring or summer), select a major and tell us about your academic
history. If you can’t finish it all at once, you can always come back to finish it
- Electronically sign, pay and submit your application.
If you have any questions during the application process, please connect with us. We are here to help.