UAF's annual alumni reunion
July 19-21, 2018
Did you graduate from UAF last year? Ten years ago? Fifty? We'd love to see you again. Please join us at the alumni reunion!
Make sure to register for the events happening during
Nanook Rendezvous, July 19-21, 2018.
Thursday, July 19
4:30-7 p.m. Welcome picnic in the Georgeson Botanical Garden
Salads, skewers and other tasty summer fare, followed by music by the Summer Music Festival's American Roots ensemble. Starting at 4:30, come pick up your welcome bag and reunion name tag. Space is limited for the picnic, so please register today. The music in the garden begins at 7 p.m.
Friday, July 20
10-11 a.m. UAF campus tour
Led by our wonderful student ambassadors.
- Meet outside Constitution Hall, UAF campus.
- Walking tour - mini bus provided for those if needed.
- Map to Constitution Hall.
1:30-5 p.m. Alumni on the Riverboat Discovery
Meet at 1975 Discovery Drive, Fairbanks.
Please arrive promptly at 1:30 p.m. so we can account for the group. The historic sternwheeler leaves promptly at 2 p.m. for the tour down the Chena River. Learn more about the Riverboat Discovery.
- Look for the UAF banner dockside.
- Alumni will gather for a group photo before boarding the boat.
- Map to Riverboat Discovery.
7 p.m. Nanook night at Goldpanners baseball
Growden Memorial Park, 201 Wilbur St, Fairbanks.
- Sponsored by the UAFAA Fairbanks Chapter.
- Map to Growden Memorial Park.
Free admission for UAF alumni
Saturday, July 21
8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Golden Days Grande Parade
Join the UAF parade entry. Either walk or ride along on the float during one of Fairbanks' largest summer celebrations!
See the Golden Days guidelines and information if you'd like to join UAF's float in the parade.
- Meet behind the Carlson Center for parade lineup at 8:30 a.m. Map to the Carlson Center.
- March (or ride on the float, for those with limited mobility) with UAF alumni, students, faculty and staff in the Golden Days Grande Parade.
- Participants who ride the float must remain on it the entire time. The parade usually lasts approximately two hours. (Bathroom facilities are available at the parade lineup behind the Carlson Center).
- Attend the Golden Day's Street Fair on your own after the parade downtown. The street fair features a variety of vendors offering handicrafts and other items for sale, food and entertainment, and goes from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- A shuttle is provided for parking at Ryan Middle School to the Carlson Center, due to limited parking at the Carlson. The shuttle will be available at the end of the parade to bring you back to Ryan Middle School.
5 p.m. One last hurrah at Ursa Major Distilling
Ursa Major Distilling, Ester, Alaska
- Support an establishment owned and operated by UAF alumnus Rob Borland `99 `02.
- No-host cocktails and tasting.
- Map to Ursa Major Distilling
- Free admission to the Student Recreation Center on campus.
- Discounted admission to the UA Museum of the North on campus.
UAF summer guest housing
Reservations open March 1, 2018.
For more information.
Pike’s Waterfront Lodge
$129 plus 8% bed tax per night rate for standard rooms.
In addition this year we will also be including breakfast too!
Use the code UAF Alumni when making reservations at www.pikeslodge.com, call 907-374- 7110 or email GM@pikeslodge.com.
Visit www.explorefairbanks.com to find out about other hotels and excursions to make your Alaska visit the trip of a lifetime.
Can't make reunion?
You can still support UAF's mission of educating students — just like you used to be — with a gift to the Blue and Gold Scholarship Endowment. It's easy — just text UAFgala to 41444 and follow the instructions. Thank you!