Hours & Admission
We Are Currently Open to Visitors
A face covering must be worn at all times while visiting UAMN.
Hours are Wednesday - Sunday (Closed Monday & Tuesday), 10 AM - 6 PM (Subject to change).
Admission Sales/Doors Close at 5 PM.
UAMN is Committed to Protecting the Health of its Visitors and Employees
UAMN appreciates your support and understanding during our reopening. Our limited operations will remain more restrictive than what you may see in other sectors. As a campus unit, we conform to the “On-site Operations Plan” instituted by the University of Alaska.
In accordance with university policy for Phase B, the following guidelines have been established to protect the health of UAMN visitors (Published 11/18/20):
- No individual may enter UAMN if they have been diagnosed with or are exhibiting signs of COVID-19.
- Upon entry/re-entry into the State of Alaska, travelers must comply with State of Alaska Outbreak Health Order 6 (Effective November 16, 2020).
- All travelers with negative test results from tests taken within 72 hours of departure must follow strict social distancing for five days after arrival into Alaska.
- A face covering must be worn at all times while visiting UAMN (all persons over 2 years of age).
- Visitors will be asked to sign a log with their name, phone number, and date/time of visit in the event that contact tracing becomes necessary.
- Hand washing is available in restrooms. Washing for 20 seconds is recommended.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Drinking fountains will be closed. Bottled water will be available for sale at the Museum Store.
- Social distancing of 6 feet (2 meters) or more is recommended at all times.
- A maximum of 60 visitors are allowed in the museum at a given time (consistent with an operational capacity of less than 25%).
- Visitors are encouraged to follow the suggested traffic pattern indicated by signage and social distance markers at the main entry.
Due to concerns about visitors maintaining a safe social distance of 6 feet or more, The Place Where You Go to Listen will be closed until further notice.
- Plexiglass protective barriers will be installed at the Admissions and Museum Store counters.
- Markers on the floor will help maintain social distancing in the vicinity of the front desk.
- Announcements regarding our safety protocols will be made every half-hour.
- The Place Where You Go to Listen will be closed until further notice.
- Wheelchairs for visitor use must be sanitized before and after use by staff.
- Seating areas will be spaced accordingly to allow for safe distancing and will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- Drinking fountains will be closed.
The regular custodial schedule at UAMN will be enhanced by cleaning touch points on all floors (several times daily).
WINTER HOURS (Subject to Change)
September 15 to May 16
Open Wednesday - Sunday: 10 AM - 6 PM (Closed Monday & Tuesday)
Admission Sales/Doors Close at 5 PM
May 19 to September 12
Open 7 days a week: 9 AM - 7 PM
Admission Sales/Doors Close at 6 PM
Movies at the Museum
The auditorium is currently closed for the bowhead whale articulation. Movies will resume in May 2021.
|Adult (ages 13+ yrs)||$16|
Senior (ages 65+) & Veteran (with ID)
Local (with valid Alaska ID)
|Alaska Active Duty Military||$10|
|Youth (ages 5 - 12)||$9|
|UA Staff, Faculty, & Students||Free|
|Children (ages 4 and Under)||Free|
|Special Exhibits Gallery Only||$4|
Local resident? Join UAMN!
A UAMN membership pays for itself in three visits! Learn about our benefits and packages and consider becoming a member today.