Forms and Templates Library
The Office of Grants and Contracts Administration (OGCA) is pleased and offer repository of forms templates and other relevant information research at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. This repository draws on sources internally and externally to provide quick and easy access to a variety of formats, such as html, MSWord, MS Excel and Adobe PDF.
OGCA encourages you to explore and use the tools provided to be your virtual assistant to as you move from research and proposal development, award management and finally closeout. Scroll down to find an extensive list of forms relating to grants and contracts with some accompanying explanatory documents, as well as links to external sources of commonly used sponsor forms, both government and private and internal to UAF.
If there is any resource you feel should be included in this library, please let us know. We are here for your success.
In order to read, print, search, and fill-in PDF forms, you will need Adobe Acrobat XI Professional, which can be downloaded from UAF OIT website. Forms must be downloaded in order to save them. To do so, right-click the link, click "Save Target As...", then choose the destination on your computer.
It is recommended that PDF forms are downloaded and opened with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat (version 11 or later) to ensure maximum compatibility and functionality.
Note: Some internal forms will soon change. However, these linked forms are still valid until futher notice.
- Budget Spreadsheet Template (FY21) 4MTDC - 5 Year
- Budget Justification Template (FY18)
- OGCA Pre-Award Shared Drive Access Form
- Proposal Routing Form
- Authorization for Matching Funds/ Cost Sharing Form
- F&A Rate Exemption (FARE) Form
- PI Policy Exemption Form
- Sole Source Justification and Cost/Price Analysis for Subawards Under Federal And State Contracts
- Subaward in Proposal Package (SubProp) / Subrecipient Statement of Collaborative Intent
- OGCA Principal Grants and Contracts Management Officer (Pre-Award) Letterhead (06/24/2020 - Word .docx template)
- Person Months Conversion Chart
- Person Months Conversion Expanded Chart
- Banner Access Request Form (FRAPROP, FRABUDP)
Other Proposal Resources
- OGCA-Agency Letter With OGCA Information
- OGCA-Agency-Letter-With-Agency Request -Information
- OGCA-Aircraft and Vehicle Rates
- OGCA-Example 3rd Party Match Certification Letter
- OGCA-Example 3rd Party Match Commitment Letter
- OGCA-Leadership Plan for Multiple PI Grant Application-Template
- OGCA-Letter of Intent-Template
- OGCA-Letter to Agency-Contract-Negotiation Information
- OGCA-Personnel Salary & Effort Calculator
- OGCA-SAM.gov Certification
- OGCA-Sample Leveraging Language for Use in Proposals
- OGCA-Statement of Work Template
- OGCA-VCR Inflation Guidance
- OGCA-NIH F30-F31-F32-NRSA-Proposal Submission Review Checklist
- OGCA-NIH Individual Fellowship and Sponsor Assurance
- OGCA-NIH-Checklist for Standard R01 Submissions
- OGCA-NIH-R01-R03-R21 Proposal Submission Checklist
- GCA-NIH-R01-R03-R21-PI NIH Document Checklist
NIH Commons Registration
- Contact OGCA-Pre Award to have your NIH Commons registration initiated or to retrieve your Commons username.
- Password reset: https://public.era.nih.gov/ams/public/accounts/password/reset.era?menu_itemPath=90902
Ancillary Document Resources
- NIH Biographical Sketch Format Pages, Instructions, and Samples
- Tip Sheet for Using SciENcv to Create an NIH Biographical Sketch
- Multiple PD/PI Leadership Plan Samples Provided by NIH
- Sample R01 and R21 Applications and Summary Statements
Other NIH Resources
- NSF-CAREER Proposal Submission Review PI Checklist-Research gov
- NSF-Career-Proposal Submission Review Checklist-Fastlane
- OGCA-NSF Checklist for Standard Proposal Submissions
- OGCA-NSF Proposal PI-Checklist-Fastlane
- OGCA-NSF Proposal PI-Checklist-Research.gov
- OGCA-NSF-Career Synopsis of Early Career Development Program and Requirements
- OGCA-NSF-Proposal Submission Review Checklist-Fastlane
- OGCA-NSF-Proposal Submission Review Checklist-Research-gov
- OGCA-NSF-RAPID Proposal Outline
- To register for an account with NSF, visit the Research.gov website: https://www.research.gov/accountmgmt/#/ registration
- Once registered, you can choose to affiliate with UAF.
- Password reset: OGCA cannot reset NSF passwords. PIs can request a new password at research.gov.
Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide
Ancillary Document Resources
- NSF Biographical Sketch Instructions and Approved Formats (note: an NSF-approved Biographical Sketch format is required for proposals submitted on or after October 5, 2020)
- How to Generate an NSF Biosketch with SciENcv
- NSF Current and Pending Support Instructions and Approved Formats (note: an NSF-approved Current and Pending Support format is required for proposals submitted on or after October 5, 2020)
- Webinar on NSF-approved Formats for the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending Support Sections
- Collaborators & Other Affiliations Instructions and Template
- NSF Faculty Early Career Development Program (CAREER) Examples
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program Examples
Other NSF Resources
- USDA Biographical Sketch Template
- USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture Templates for Conflicts of Interest, Project Summaries, and Current & Pending Support
- Logic Model Template
- Logic Model Templates and Examples from the University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension
US Fish and Wildlife Services Templates
- Prior approval is required to create a sponsored research account in order to incur pre-award costs up to a maximum of 90 calendar days prior to the award start date.
Award Setup /FRABUDP Keying Process and Checklist
New / Pre-Award Spending / Advance Approval
Modifications / Revisions:
- UAF-COVID-19 Sponsor Notification and Request Form-033120
- FRABUDP Keying Checklist Budget Modification
- Keying Checklist Examples
Awards Directly to Unit:
At times awards may go directly to units. The FRABUDP checklist should be used and routed to OGCA when completed.
Awards Directly to OGCA:
If awards are sent directly to OGCA from sponsors, OGCA will initiate a FRABUDP keying checklist to the unit for processing. The unit will complete FRABUDP Keying Checklist and route to OGCA.
- Award Request (AwaRe) Form
Used for: Changes to a sponsored project, including personnel changes, term and conditions, scope of work changes, no cost extensions, rebudgets, and other requests.
- Third Party Match Certification Template
- Cost Transfer Policy
- 60 Day Cost Transfer Form