EDGE First-Year Experience
Designed to help you succeed.
The First-Year Experience program, housed in the Department of Residence Life, aims to exemplify the very best in student-centered learning and scholarly teaching for all new college students. Our professional live-in staff focus steadfastly on promoting student success by providing entering students with supports and cultivates student development through the transition period between previous learning experiences and college. Our Peer Mentors, Resident Assistants, and Resident Directors help students learn how to build the foundation for a successful and enjoyable college life, culminating in graduation.
We are the University of Alaska Fairbanks
Inspiring great people to do great things.
You've got skills to master, records to set and discoveries to make. Here, you'll forge friendships to last a lifetime and ideas to change the world. We believe extraordinary people don't live ordinary lives. We invite you to explore the possibilities of the Last Frontier -- where inspiration is around every bend, independence is championed and adventure is inevitable.
- Student is married, in a registered domestic partnership or civil union.
- Student is a parent with custody of a child or children or caring for a dependent who is living with them.
- Student is living with immediate family or legal guardian. Parent(s), sibling(s), or grandparent(s) are the only individuals that qualify as immediate family. Immediate family or legal guardian must also live within a 40-mile radius of campus.
- Student has extenuating circumstances.
- Credits are 100% eCampus.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CLICK ON A QUESTION TO SEE THE ANSWER